Food Network Kitchens have come up with their annual list of the top food trends that will define 2013. Last week, Jonathan Milder shared 2013′s Trailblazing Chefs and Blazing-Hot Flavors. Today, he’s listing the 10 items you should have stocked in your pantry and refrigerators for the upcoming year.
1. Artisanal hard cider (the boozy stuff!) is the new craft beer.
2. Sweet potatoes are the new potatoes.
3. Paleo is the new gluten-free (gluten-free is the new low-carb).
4. Roasted seaweed is the new kale chip.
5. Carrots are the new kale.
6. Chia is the new quinoa.
7. Antibiotic-free meats are the new natural.
8. The juice bar is the new salad bar.
9. Shishito peppers are the new jalapeno poppers.
10. Gochujang is the new Sriracha.