- No Comments
Perhaps the ultimate family-friendly meal, lasagna is a no-fail favorite that shines at both Sunday suppers and everyday weeknight dinners alike. All it takes to make a timeless Italian recipe is meat, cheese, pasta and sauce, but thanks to some of your Food Network chefs like Alton, Ina, Paula, Giada and Rachael, it’s simple to transform the classic into an extra-special dish. Check out Food Network’s top five lasagna recipes below to learn the stars’ secrets to easy, deliciously dressed-up lasagna, then browse Food Network’s entire collection of lasagna recipes for more fuss-free meal ideas.
5. Enchilada Lasagna — Alton relies on a homemade enchilada sauce featuring chipotle chiles, fresh garlic, cumin and tomato sauce to marry flavors in his Mexican-inspired lasagna, filled with tender chicken and topped with queso fresco before being baked until bubbly.
4. Turkey Lasagna — Swap out classic beef or pork and replace with sweet Italian turkey sausage to make Ina’s big-batch lasagna, featuring four different cheeses, including Parmesan, mozzarella, ricotta and goat cheeses.
3. Lots O’Meat Lasagna — A fuss-free staple that’s filled with comforting flavors, Paula’s hearty lasagna boasts layers of sauteed ground beef and Italian sausage, a creamy mixture of cottage cheese and Parmesan, plus herbed tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella.
2. Lasagna Rolls — The secret to making Giada’s ricotta-stuffed rolls is cooking them with a duo of sauces: both rich, buttery béchamel and lighter marinara.
1. Mexican Lasagna — Rachael uses flour tortillas, cumin-laced chicken and taco sauce instead of traditional noodles, ground meat and tomato sauce to build her 30-minute lasagna (pictured above), a top-rated recipe with nearly 900 user reviews.