Meet Carnie Wilson — Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off

by in Shows, December 28th, 2012

Carnie Wilson
Rachael vs. GuyFN Dish is counting down to the season 2 premiere of Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off by introducing a new celebrity contestant every day. The competition tests the celebrities to see who has the culinary chops to win the title of champion and guarantees a $50,000 donation to the winner’s charity of choice. Watch the premiere on Sunday, January 6, at 9pm/8c and keep coming back to FN Dish for exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes previews.

Singer and TV host Carnie Wilson is best known as a member of the pop music group Wilson Phillips. But when she’s not recording music, she’s in the kitchen cooking comfort food like her mac and cheese and turkey chili. Get to know Carnie better from her Q&A with FN Dish.

The two words that best describe your cooking style are…
Carnie Wilson: Low-key and comforting

What’s your earliest food memory?
CW: Eating the butter-drenched green beans at my school cafeteria in kindergarten

What’s the best meal you ever ate?
CW: When I had an authentic Cajun five-course meal cooked by the king himself, Emeril Lagasse — it made me actually question whether food or sex is better

Going into Rachael vs. Guy, who did you think was going to be your biggest competition?
CW: When I saw Dean and Chilli I thought, “Oh, this is going to be harder than I thought! Start thinking of recipes right now!”

Favorite pizza topping?
CW: I adore extra cheese, tomatoes and basil…. Pizza Margherita is the best.

Who is your favorite food TV personality, past or present?
CW: Paula makes me feel pure joy and I want to squeeze her, Giada makes me want to run into the kitchen and start cooking, and Ina basically rules the universe.

What food will we never catch you eating?
CW: Liver, sweetbreads or caviar: I actually start shaking at the thought. Yuck!

What’s your signature party dish?
CW: My mac and cheese and my turkey chili

Sweet tooth, salt tooth or both?
CW: Please, do you even need to ask? BOTH!

What kitchen tool can’t you live without?
CW: My hand-held mixer

What’s the most surprising thing we’d find in your fridge?
CW: Vegenaise; I actually prefer it to mayonnaise

What music do you like to listen to in the kitchen?
CW: Earth, Wind & Fire, Little River Band or Heart

Carnie is playing for the Autism Research Institute.

Meet the rest of the celebrities:
Chilli
Cornelia Guest
Gilbert Gottfried
Dean McDermott
Kathy Najimy
Hines Ward
Johnny Weir

Families That Shop Together Stay Together: The Competition Goes Family Style on Guy’s Grocery Games

Read all about the special Guy's Grocery Games: Family Style competition coming up on Jan. 4....

1. Jeri says:

Does anyone know where I can get Carnie's recipe for her Raspberry Bars? Thanks!

2. gooddealia says:

these recipes look like they are in the table of contents of her cookbook To Serve with Love

3. shirley willmott says:

So Sorry Carnie didn't win BUT with Dean working on his NEW SHOW , I feel pre-arranged. Carnie "my winner" you didn't have a chance. Oh Dean, lets milk the "Tori" bit. Here we go again…….play to the ratings…..Will I watch Dean's show NOT… I so hate that you used a great show to boltster your ratings. Hey Rachel & Guy, you have been used !!!! OMG get it rt next time.You are both sooooooo good don"t let "THEM" use you. One of my fav "Food Channel", pls pls pls don"t disappoint.

4. Tracey says:

I wish food network would post the recipes from the show. The tuna dip and apple fritter bites looked amazing! Where can I get these?
    BTW, love you, Carnie! My 10 year old daughter loved watching you too. You exude such warmth and love.

5. Jayne1944 says:

Love Carnie, what a wonderful passion filled human being.She showed true class when Dean won and also when she stuck to cooking in her own style.I would watch her show daily, she has alot to offer about cooking and about life.she has been down and she always comes up.I think its pretty sad to read comments about her weight or surgery-what does that have to do with this show? Clearly there are some people whose comments show they have nothing better to do, hope their own life is in perfect order.

6. sohbet says:

Green Tea Smoothie | Healthy Eats – Food Network Healthy Living Blog on google I just whent and bookmark it. Casana blog for anyone who wants to act out out nigh this topic. You observation so some its near exhausting to present with you (not that I real would