Meet Carnie Wilson — Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off

by in Shows, December 28th, 2012

Carnie Wilson
Rachael vs. GuyFN Dish is counting down to the season 2 premiere of Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off by introducing a new celebrity contestant every day. The competition tests the celebrities to see who has the culinary chops to win the title of champion and guarantees a $50,000 donation to the winner’s charity of choice. Watch the premiere on Sunday, January 6, at 9pm/8c and keep coming back to FN Dish for exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes previews.

Singer and TV host Carnie Wilson is best known as a member of the pop music group Wilson Phillips. But when she’s not recording music, she’s in the kitchen cooking comfort food like her mac and cheese and turkey chili. Get to know Carnie better from her Q&A with FN Dish.

The two words that best describe your cooking style are…
Carnie Wilson: Low-key and comforting

What’s your earliest food memory?
CW: Eating the butter-drenched green beans at my school cafeteria in kindergarten

What’s the best meal you ever ate?
CW: When I had an authentic Cajun five-course meal cooked by the king himself, Emeril Lagasse — it made me actually question whether food or sex is better

Going into Rachael vs. Guy, who did you think was going to be your biggest competition?
CW: When I saw Dean and Chilli I thought, “Oh, this is going to be harder than I thought! Start thinking of recipes right now!”

Favorite pizza topping?
CW: I adore extra cheese, tomatoes and basil…. Pizza Margherita is the best.

Who is your favorite food TV personality, past or present?
CW: Paula makes me feel pure joy and I want to squeeze her, Giada makes me want to run into the kitchen and start cooking, and Ina basically rules the universe.

What food will we never catch you eating?
CW: Liver, sweetbreads or caviar: I actually start shaking at the thought. Yuck!

What’s your signature party dish?
CW: My mac and cheese and my turkey chili

Sweet tooth, salt tooth or both?
CW: Please, do you even need to ask? BOTH!

What kitchen tool can’t you live without?
CW: My hand-held mixer

What’s the most surprising thing we’d find in your fridge?
CW: Vegenaise; I actually prefer it to mayonnaise

What music do you like to listen to in the kitchen?
CW: Earth, Wind & Fire, Little River Band or Heart

Carnie is playing for the Autism Research Institute.

Meet the rest of the celebrities:
Chilli
Cornelia Guest
Gilbert Gottfried
Dean McDermott
Kathy Najimy
Hines Ward
Johnny Weir

What to Watch: Let Food Network Magazine Take You On a Cross-Country Culinary Tour

Join Bobby Flay and Food Network Magazine on a cross-country culinary expedition to find the most-delicious dishes in the country....

1. downnotout says:

Sad, the food network is exploiting Carnie's emotional instability and erratic weight issues for ad revenue and audience – sorta like faux iron cook Alex G…

2. Mary Lou says:

I don't understand this lady. She's had gastric by-pass surgery and had it broadcast on the internet, and after that she starts a cheese cake making business out of her home and gains her weight back. She goes on Celebrity Fit Club and loses some weight and gains it back. Then she goes on the Dr. Oz show to have all her vital stats like weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. shared with the world. Then she gets lap band surgery so…hmmmm…let's see how I can sabotage this…I'll surround myself with food by spending my days in a kitchen cooking all day and have the world watch me possibly fail again. Strange lady. Clearly reality TV and all her other guest appearances are not helping her.

3. Germaine says:

I'd love her mac & cheese recipe please……….

4. Carole says:

It is a cooking show and she has a passion for it. So I don't see what her weight has anything to do with it. This show focuses on your ability to come up with delicious meals and win money for a charity. YES CHARITY FOLKS! She doesn't need to justify herself to anyone. So Marylou maybe you should look deep down at yourself instead of taking cheap shoots at someone. I adore her! She's seems real and has a fantastic personality. I hope she win this. GO CARNIE!!!!!!!!!

• Mary Lou says:

Not sure how anything I wrote is a "cheap shot". All the things I listed are things SHE'S done. I actually feel sorry for her. She had success with her weight loss and then she sabotages it by surrounding herself with temptation. She can just GIVE her own money to "YES CHARITY FOLKS" rather than set herself up for failure. I've struggled with weight a great deal and now am in the best shape of my life. I'm well aware of my weaknesses and so I don't hang out in a bakery or in a chocolate shop. I mean, duh! I feel sad for her and her daughter.

5. beckardt says:

I would like the potluck bread pudding recipe please

6. Sherry says:

Carnie. I need your recipe for bread pudding…please. I missed it on the show thank you. .Sherry

7. Trina says:

Thank you for choosing an autism organization to give your winnings to.

8. charwoman says:

the show is about AMATEUR cooks competing for CHARITY. personal issues aside (and I really don't see where the 'exploitation' is, gemme a break), the autism community that I am involved in is THRILLED that she has chosen a REAL autism charity, one that focuses on the fact that autism is a treatable, medical condition. waiting for her to share what her connection to autism is and how she knows about the respected, science-based Autism Research Institute. ?? Rooting for you, Carnie!

9. clov says:

your loud i dont like that

10. PatC says:

For all the people who made negative and mean spirited comments about Carnie you are obviously that kind of person in everything maybe you all need to do some soul searching! I love Carnie and I think she is a funny and talented woman and a marvelous cook and I would love to see her have her own cooking show!