- Comment (1)
Coming up with creative holiday gifts for kids can be a real challenge, but to my surprise, several kids I know have been asking their parents for cooking equipment this year. Why not? Half of the tools in my kitchen are better than toys in some respects. Just this morning my son turned my trussing string into rope for his crane to lift my favorite whisk.
If you’re looking for an out-of-the-box idea that will keep kids excited about and engaged in cooking, here are a few things I’ll be giving this year:
- Even small kids deserve their own cutlery, especially when it’s made from a safe material like bamboo.
- Send your child into the new year with a super cool, BPA-free reusable lunchbox.
- Let your nut-free child walk around feelin’ cool with these kickin’ tattoos.
- What’s more fun than letting your child pick their own popsicle flavors and turn them into these rocket pop shapes.
- My kids take immense pride in having their own stainless steel reusable water bottles and they’re the right price point.
- For the budding baker in your home ,this baking kit will be a hit.
- I’ve seen even the pickiest of eaters decide they’ll try a new food when eating with these chopsticks for boys and girls.
My godson has been asking for an ice cream maker for years. I think this is the year. He can come up with array of flavors throughout the seasons — that will be an endless treat!
Catherine McCord is a food blogger and mother of two living in Los Angeles. Her recipes and tips for nutritious and easy family eating are featured daily on her blog, Weelicious.com, and in her new cookbook Weelicious: One Family. One Meal. Catherine’s advice and recipes can often be seen on Babble.com, Huffington Post, Celebrity Babies, Parents, Parenting and more.