Captain Brown — The Next Iron Chef Caption It

by in Shows, December 14th, 2012

Alton BrownOn last Sunday’s episode of The Next Iron Chef, the remaining rivals packed up their knife kits and flew east to Sin City after five weeks of challenges and showdowns in Los Angeles. For the chefs, the move to Las Vegas proved to be a turning point in the competition, a sign that they are one step closer to claiming the only title that matters.

For Alton Brown, however, the move to Vegas was an opportunity to dabble in matchmaking — ingredient matchmaking, that is. With an altar of savory delicacies and sweet confections, he created a series of odd pairs like squid and marshmallows, chicken livers and peppermint candies, and bone marrow and fruit candies, which forced the rivals to think beyond the ordinary and create harmonious marriages out of culinary confusion.

Looking ahead to this week’s episode and the sneak-peek image above, it may seem as though Alton is once again experimenting with something new: flying. It turns out, however, that he is a frequent flier, and not just in the passenger sense. For more than 10 years, he’s been operating his own private airplane and only relies on commercial flights when there’s no other option.

Although he may be no stranger to the friendly skies, Alton looks perplexed and perhaps a bit anxious as he sits in the cockpit of a helicopter. Is he preparing to take the final four chefs on an impromptu flight? Does this chopper play a part in the next Chairman’s Challenge, or will it be what takes home the next eliminated chef?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to watch what Captain Brown does next, we’re challenging you, Next Iron Chef fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this piloting moment in the comments below.

There’s still time to support your favorite remaining rival chefs. Cast your Fan Vote up to 10 times per day.

Exclusive Interview with the Runner-Up of The Great Food Truck Race

Going into the Season 5 finale of The Great Food Truck Race, the remaining two teams, Lone Star Chuck Wagon and Middle Feast, both had what it took to...

1. Guest says:

"Elimination suddenly got more serious"

2. Mikey says:

Look I'm not saying this is the best way to cool that dish before we serve it, but…………………….Mikey

3. wodysdad says:

4. Wasillaresident says:

"I better get out of here before they discover I have NO talent!!"

5. Wasillaresident says:

I wish they would get rid of Alton Brown. He is nothing more than an UN-FUNNY clown. His hyper-active babble on the Food Network christmas show ruined it for me. Alton Brown…all I want for Christmas is for you to go away.

• FanFare59 says:

I completely agree with you. "an unfunny clown" best describes his attempt to being interesting. He's not by any stretch of the imagination. When he babbles on Iron Chef, I hit mute and wait until he's stopped.

6. Beano says:

"Uh, oh. I just let one rip and I can't open the window…"

7. PondMoon says:

Fannie G. You and your comment have been reported and it will soon be taken down off of this board.

8. Rodney says:

"Please Mr. Chairman… For the last time…. sit down, or so help me I'll turn this chopper around!"

9. Damn that Maverick! If he buzzes me once more I'm going to dose his risotto with jet fuel! Yes, I use jet fuel to in the kitchen too because I don't believe in UNITASKERS!

10. shannon says: