Behind the Scenes of The Next Iron Chef Culinary Edition

by in Shows, December 12th, 2012

Wonder how the food for Episode 1 of The Next Iron Chef: Redemption got on the beach? What about the unforgettable auction episode with calf heads, a giant mortadella and paiche fish that sent Chef Falkner home? Or how about what happens to all the leftover food? The culinary team at Food Network gives fans a peek at what it’s like on set from a food perspective. Click the play button above to watch exclusive commentary from Alton, Simon and Geoffrey, too.

Fun facts The Next Iron Chef: Redemption Kitchen Set includes

• 194 Pots and Pans
  • 754 Plates, Bowls, Glasses and Accessories of Various Shapes and Sizes
  • 14 Blenders Plus Extra Carafes
  • 18 Whisks
  • 30 Tongs of Varying Sizes
  • 4 Meat Grinders
  • 145 Spices, Chemicals, Dried Herbs, Chile peppers, etc.

The most used spices include

• Chile Varieties
  • Fennel
  • Cumin

The most used supplies and products are

• Paper Towels
  • Olive Oil
  • Bacon
  • Bread

How to Play the Game of Kitchen Casino — Part Gambling, Part Cooking

Kitchen Casino uniquely combines cooking with gambling-themed games that not only test chefs’ abilities to think — and cook — on their feet,...

1. I can't wait for the next Iron Chef! If I did not have to work you would find me plugged into the TV watching the food network 24/7

2. jln says:

I know this has nothing to do with NIC, but why does the chopped kitchen have only one ice cream machine??? I'm lucky enough, Richard Blaine, to be a private duty nurse so I'm able to watch FN while working. Thank goodness my patient also loves FN and the Cooking Channel!!!! Wo have a grand time with both.

3. Melanie says:

Awwww…. I was hoping this was another Behind the Scenes video. This has been on the website for a while. It would be great to see more behind the scene video!

4. Debby Ladiges says:

The more I learn about how the show is done my level of appreciation for the chef's and judges efforts soar. The crew deserves all thumbs ups!

5. amandafan says:

I wish they would televise an "after show" for every episode.

Set up a live element that reviews the episode and goes into interviews with the judges and chefs, and also include the FN Crew set up for the event.

THAT would be awesome!

6. guest again says:

can anyone tell me why nic does not do real iron chef type battles instead of all this nonsense,and craziness?maybe it would prove better if they did and maybe pit each group against real iron chefs past and current.

7. vidac2 says:

For the best final competition it would have to be between Nate and Amanda. They are the only two left who have the inner spirit of an Iron Chef. Otherwise you have a whiney wimp who cries out "Please feel sorry for me!! Please??!!" and a sous chef – And who will you choose to do battle with? "I choose Iron Chef Michael Symon, and since I couldn't bring my sous chef can Alex assist me?"

8. Shirley says:

Go girls one of you has to win. Enjoy the show.

9. Ken says:

Really? I can't view this video on a mobile device? You need to kick your technology dinosaurs in the rear and fix this. There is no excuse for not making all video available for viewing on mobile devices.

10. Lili says:

I think some of the premises for the episodes are silly. Running around desperately trying to decorate a buffet does not define the skills of a great chef nor does putting together a fine meal from a fire at the beach.