- No Comments
The holiday season may be jolly for many of us, but let’s not forget that in the United States, 16 million kids are at risk of going hungry, especially at this time of year. If you’re still looking for that perfect gift, give one that will really make a difference. Share the spirit of the season by donating to No Kid Hungry to help hungry children in America.
Five reasons to donate this holiday season:
1. There are 16 million kids in the United States who will face hunger this year, but they don’t have to. As a nation, we have plenty of food and we also have programs in place that are designed to feed kids. No Kid Hungry is making sure these kids are getting connected with these programs. Childhood hunger is a solvable problem.
2. The No Kid Hungry campaign is making sure more kids start the school day with a healthy breakfast so that they’re ready to learn.
3. When school is out, No Kid Hungry is connecting kids who rely on school breakfasts and lunches to summer meal programs in their communities.
4. The No Kid Hungry campaign is empowering low-income families with the skills to shop for and cook healthy, affordable meals through its Cooking Matters program. The classes have now reached more than 100,000 individuals!
5. Just $1 can connect a child with up to 10 meals. Help us make sure that no kid goes hungry this holiday season by donating now.