What to Watch: Guy’s Family Reunion and an ICA Thanksgiving Showdown This Sunday

by in Shows, November 10th, 2012

Iron Chef America: Thanksgiving ShowdownWith the upcoming holiday, it’s all about getting the family gathered around a Thanksgiving table full of food. With that in mind, there are two new shows to watch this Sunday that check off both those boxes.

Guy’s Big Bite: Guy’s Family Reunion

What happens when Guy Fieri and his extended family get together for a reunion in Nag’s Head, N.C.? A week-long, no-holds-barred gathering that’s filled with food cooked up by Guy himself. Beyond the food, there are games on the beach, deep sea fishing and crabbing. Get to know Guy on a personal level from his family’s perspective.

Tune in: Sunday, November 11 at 12pm/11am c

Iron Chef America: Thanksgiving Showdown

If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like if the Chopped judges battled it out in Kitchen Stadium, here’s your chance. Three Iron Chefs (Michael Symon, Marc Forgione and Geoffrey Zakarian) will join sides for the first time to battle it out against Chopped judges Aarón Sanchez, Scott Conant and Marc Murphy in a Thanksgiving showdown to determine which team’s Thanksgiving dishes will reign supreme.

Tune in: Sunday, November 11 at 10pm/9c

Bobbing for Ingredients — Alton’s After-Show

Cutthroat Kitchen host Alton Brown‘s sabotages can involve any number of evilicious plans, such as replacing a contestant’s prime ingredie...

1. jencooks says:

Thank you Guy and Food Network for this inspirational show! your timing couldn't be more perfect with 20 family members coming to my house for the holidays… It's hard to cook for the masses but Guy makes it look easy. Thanks for the recipes!

2. Foodforfun says:

Food Network! You finally got it right! We are so tired of the challenge shows (they were great 5 years ago) we have been wanting something new and fresh and boy did you deliver in Guys Family Reunion! Nthe pace was fast, constant motion, the food looked real, not those over stylized shots with the Barbara Walters filters on them! We loved the entire show, from teenagers to my 80 year old mom! Please keep producing shows like this so we don't get bored to death.

3. Heather, Austin says:

We love Guy and now his family too! Even though it is fall we decided to make the fish tacos because they looked too good to wait till summer. I liked the hints that you gave throughout the show, cheeses on the tortillas, potatoes cooking, etc. These are helpful things that you can use in any recipe. Thanks!

4. Luv2cook4u says:

Thank you Guy for sharing the love of your family and especially your sister! I was so moved by this show that I recorded it and watched it twice. It was fun to see you go on adventures or play games and then eat! I don't think Ny show is doing that right now…. You make everything look easy so of course I have to try the recipes now. I mean if you have kids doing it then I should be able… Right?!

5. Aries S. says:

GFR! Wonderful, wonderful show! Loved the story telling, couldn't walk away from the tube, I was afraid I was going to miss something!

6. Christycooks says:

This can't be real! I was so touched by the ending of Guys Reunion I just had to write. I don't usually do this type of thing but if FN is willing to try something different I have to at least say thank you. Maybe you are doing shows like these and I just don't know where to find them? I felt like this was more of a prime time story so maybe that's why? Who cares why…just provide more! Thanks!

• cherrycooks says:

I'm still thinking about the show and hope that it will air again during the holiday season. My husband hasn't seen it, and I'd like him to watch, too. FN has done other family reunion shows but none that came close to the quality of the Fieri family's gathering. It was a unique and touching celebration of family, food, and fun.

7. Ron Luba says:

I'm from PA and I know Hags Head well. I have a beach house at the 19 mile mark. Guy's reunion was at the 151/2 mile mark. We go to OBX brewery all the time. It was nice to see something you know on FN.