What’s Cooking on Thanksgiving Live!

by in Holidays, Shows, November 18th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live! ChefsWhat happens when nine Food Network stars come together in the kitchen around the holidays? If you guessed a whole lot of cooking, eating and drinking, then you are correct. This afternoon, Alex Guarnaschelli, Alton Brown, Aarón Sanchez, Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, Jeff Mauro, Rachael Ray, Ree Drummond and Sunny Anderson will gather in Food Network Kitchens for Thanksgiving Live!, Food Network’s annual call-in show, to answer all of your Turkey Day questions and cook up a holiday feast from start to finish. Want to see what’s on the menu this year? Take a peek at the recipes below, and be sure to catch the show from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

Cocktails and Appetizers
Alton’s Concord Grape Royale
Aarón’s Hot Punch (Ponche)
Jeff’s Maple Perfect Manhattan

Giada’s Green Beans With Lemon Vinaigrette and Almonds
Rachael’s Double Stuffed Butternut Squash

Desserts
Alex’s Citrus Flan
Alex’s Raspberry Crumble Tart
Sunny’s Fried Apple and Pear Ice Cream

FAN POLL: Vote for Your Favorite Competitor in the Chopped Ultimate Champions Finale

We’ve watched as four returning champions have battled to earn a spot in the Chopped Ultimate Champions finale. One professional chef, one amate...

1. MARY says:

WE HAVE A BIG FAMILY THANKSGIVING CELEBRATION BUT, OUR FAMILY LOOKS FORWARD TO THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING EVERY YEAR. PLANS ARE MADE AFTER THE THANKSGIVING MEAL FOR THE NEXT DAYS MEAL. WE MAKE TURKEY ANDOUILLE GUMBO ON THANKSGIVING FRIDAY EVERY YEAR!

2. Kathy says:

Don't pay any attention to Giada and Alton's bad comments. I thought they were great! I don't think everything has to be so serious! I watch everyone there, but Alton and Giada are my favorites. I would like to see the appitizer recipes. Be kind people.

3. nccc says:

Giada showed poor taste in her giddy, flirty ways toward Alton. Her hands were all over him any chance she got. Discraceful!

4. Ronnie says:

This was fun and shows the more relaxed playful side of everyone! Maybe a few of the people on this post should learn from them!

5. guest says:

Gee I must be getting old , I saw this show as more of the group as family getten' ready for thanksgiving. Get real if one of the guys acted flirty NO ONE WOULD HAVE CARED, italian families have fun together and if, like I you are Italian, the so called actions seem flirty then it's just normal italian stuff , Also Stop Judging the actions of others unless you feel guilty.

6. chele120 says:

Thought the show was great. Loved seeing a "lighter" side of everyone. Love Alton, but think he needs a couple of cocktails next time, although I understand he was running the show. Just wondering why Bobby Flay's turkey recipe wasn't posted. I would like to see that recipe.

7. A. Marie says:

This was a great concept for a show but it needs to be more focused and less rushed.

I did not see Giada as a problem. Alton was the problem. He was getting little "digs" into Giada the entire 2 hours. It was really uncomfortable to watch him "zing" her over and over. I think Giada was hugging him at the end as a "no hard feelings" gesture.

If FN does this again next year I hope Alton holds his tongue if he doesn't have anything nice or helpful to say. A little friendly teasing is fine but he's got to know when to stop.

All in all, the cooks were fun to watch.

8. G AV Mn says:

For those critics of Giada, Lighten Up!!! We all are human. I think it is great to see chefs have fun at Thanksgiving. As an amateur chef, I look forward to Thanksgiving and get light hearted at this time of year. Giada, I support you

9. Lenora says:

REE, I have to cook a turkey with no salt. Can't brine it this year. How do I keep it jucy and tasty????
    Lenora

10. barb says:

WHERE IS BOBBY FLAYS RECIPE FROM THIS EPISODE! PPLLEEAAASSEEE, NEED NOW!