What’s Cooking on Thanksgiving Live!

by in Holidays, Shows, November 18th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live! ChefsWhat happens when nine Food Network stars come together in the kitchen around the holidays? If you guessed a whole lot of cooking, eating and drinking, then you are correct. This afternoon, Alex Guarnaschelli, Alton Brown, Aarón Sanchez, Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, Jeff Mauro, Rachael Ray, Ree Drummond and Sunny Anderson will gather in Food Network Kitchens for Thanksgiving Live!, Food Network’s annual call-in show, to answer all of your Turkey Day questions and cook up a holiday feast from start to finish. Want to see what’s on the menu this year? Take a peek at the recipes below, and be sure to catch the show from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

Cocktails and Appetizers
Alton’s Concord Grape Royale
Aarón’s Hot Punch (Ponche)
Jeff’s Maple Perfect Manhattan

Rachael’s Double Stuffed Butternut Squash

Desserts
Alex’s Citrus Flan
Alex’s Raspberry Crumble Tart
Sunny’s Fried Apple and Pear Ice Cream

Day-Off Desserts for Labor Day — Summer Soiree

With the backyard barbecues, shoeless picnics and pool parties of the Labor Day long weekend comes the realization that summer is, all of a sudden, co...

1. galina says:

PEOPLE stop throwing stones!! we dont know Gaida's story! Look at your own mistakes first!

• Marianne says:

Amen, it was probably nerves.

• peaches 1206 says:

She is well known for sleeping around. A big ego is not a surprise…

• jlsbcn says:

Sleeping around??? Are you serious?? She has been with her man since she was 19!!! You don't know Italians at all. She might have an ego but she is Italian. Study the traights of Italians. They are sexy, flirty, and very loyal. If she slep around, as you say, it would be well known, and not in a nice way. The Italians dont hide their feelings, they are worn on their sleeves! I have been married to one for 40 years (an Italian) and I know how they are. Yes, Italians have big egos. But they are also very loyal. They will give you the shirt off their back. But, they will also cut you out if you are disloyal.

2. Cathy says:

I recorded this program & watched it later. Was'nt that impressed with it. I really did'nt think Giada was out of hand. I would like to know what was up with Aaron. It looked like he just got out of prison & came from the HOOD!! He looked like he had on his prison clothes on, prison tats on his fingers, and his chain on his pants!!! I thought it was for Thanksging not a sideshow!!

3. Jayna says:

The whole show was a train wreck. Embarrassed for all of them!

4. Erin says:

Please post Sunny's pumpkin chicken empanada recipe! I'm in charge of appetizers this year and those look great!

5. Maria says:

Giada was a disgrace. Sickening to watch!!!

6. Angela says:

I enjoyed the whole show and thought Giada was adorable…she was just kidding and was not acting drunk at all…at least I did not pick that up.

• galina says:

totaly agree! i did not see the whole show but i agree! u should have fun in the kitchen!

• Arlene says:

I disagree. The more I saw her behavior, the more I wondered what was up with her — too much to drink? She seemed disconnected from what the presentation was all about. She wasn't believable or enjoyable to watch, IMO.

7. Liz says:

Please post Sunny's pumpkin chicken empanada recipe! I really would like to make this for our dinner!!!

8. Georgia says:

I hate to say it but I have to agree with the other comments about Giada. I thought she was childish and giddy and surely did not act like the accomplished chef she is known to be. I realize it was a live show and it was nice to see the chefs break out their molds and out of the norm but everyone else seemed to manage to make it fun and yet still kept their professionalism…not sure what Giada was thinking but her silliness and attention seeking behavior was not appreciated especially when Alton had so much information to give in so little time. Grown up Giada, we the viewers expected more from you. hats off to Bobby and Rachel! As always they were entertaining and down to earth and managed to have fun while still setting a good standard! Alton I have to say you were given a lot of info to handle in one show and at times I was overwhelmed with everything coming at me so fast…next year maybe the writers should stick to the basics!

9. Gigi says:

What happened to sunny fried ice cream. It look like Alton needed to move, something went wrong with the fryer

10. jes says:

What was up with the annoying host, the guy in glasses, rushing everyone and interrupting everyone. I found him very grating, and annoying to watch.