VOTE: An Iron Chef Thanksgiving Cook-Off — Rival Recipes

by in Shows, November 3rd, 2012

Iron Chef Rival Recipes: Dressing vs. StuffingLast week, FN Dish introduced Rival Recipes, a weekly series that pits Next Iron Chef rivals, judges and standing Iron Chefs against one another in themed battles to find out whose recipe reigns supreme. In our first installment, Iron Chef Marc Forgione went head-to-head with Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian in an Italian Dish Showdown. In the end, Chef Zakarian’s pasta with bolognese bested Chef Forgione’s gnocchi with brown butter, but only by a few dozen votes. Didn’t get a chance to vote last week? There’s still time to pick a plate.

This week’s mashup features Iron Chefs Bobby Flay and Michael Symon, and they’re leaving behind Italian classics and focusing on Thanksgiving favorites. With Turkey Day just a few weeks away, everyone wants to know: dressing or stuffing — which side pairs better with the bird? The chefs themselves are divided on the issue. Chef Flay is bringing an earthy, smoky Sourdough, Wild Mushroom and Bacon Dressing to the battle, while Iron Chef Symon opts for Cornbread Stuffing made moist and luxuriously rich thanks to heavy cream.

The vote is in your hands — are you a loyal stuffing lover or do you prefer the simplicity of dressing? When it comes to bread, does crusty sourdough strike your fancy or will you reach for golden, crumbly corn bread? Vote below.

Get the recipes:

Food Network’s New Show Hungry Games will Change the Way You Think About Food

Ever wonder why ice cream is so addictive, or why it gives you a brain freeze when you eat it too fast? And how about that restaurant menu item that s...

1. Pete says:

I want to see Alton Brown with his own cooking and/or traveling show. No one knows how to entertain on the subject of food preparation better than Alton, and his travel by motorcycle up the Mississippi sampling local cafe cuisine was classic Alton. Iron chefs who want to "Kick Ass" , as she so insipidly put it, is boring and who really cares?

2. Garden_Spot says:

Personally, I would rival my own recipe for Turkey Cornbread dressing with either of these two! I've gotten numerous standing O's on many an occasion…but then again, I don't have a cooking show.

3. I will immediately grab your rss feed as I can not find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please permit me understand so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

4. 1Dishy says:

I might try an amalgam of the two, sans bacon and/or smoked ham, but perhaps using pork sausage. I love the wild mushroom mix in Chef Flay's dish and the use of the cornbread in Chef Symon's. I just don't care for bacon or smoked ham (and the bacon would probably get "limp" once the stuffing is baked–yuk!). Just one girl's opinion!

5. Leonard says:

anything made with wild fresh mushrooms.. wins hands down..
    Looks so good Bobby!

6. Megan says:

Honestly…I just don't really like the look of Chef Symon's. It looks … underdone, pale. Looks like scrambled eggs to me. It probably tastes wonderful but the look was off putting to me.

7. ApplestoApples says:

I'd have to say it's a tie! I love mushrooms so anything with mushrooms is usually a hands down winner, but Michael Symon's stuffing looks fresh and inviting with the corn and red pepper mixed in. I'd eat either one if it were put at my table!

8. Gen says:

Sorry — neither appeals to me. There is something about tradition for a family – these are out of my preferred list.

9. LINDA RASER says:

BOBBY FLAY ALL THE WAY! LOOKS DELISH

10. Larissa says:

Michael is the best. I would love to have him cook for me any day.