Have a Question for Rachael or Ree About Thanksgiving?

by in Events, November 6th, 2012

Rachael Ray and Ree Drummond on Thanksgiving Live!Last week FN Dish readers had the chance to submit a question to Alex and Sunny for Thanksgiving Live!, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. This week, it’s all about Rachael Ray and Ree Drummond.

Before the live show starts at noon, Food Network will serve up a three-hour Thanksgiving Live webcast at FoodNetwork.com. Beginning at 11:30am ET, the site will stream a pre-show featuring celebrity chef interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of Alton and the cast preparing for the big day.

Do you have a question specifically for Rachael or Ree? Whether it’s about the way they set their table or a tip for the perfect gravy, we’ll handpick a selection of your questions and ask them live during the pre-show. Leave your question in the comment section below, or submit it via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive.

Don’t forget: You can still submit a question for Alex and Sunny, too.

Food Network “Lights It Up Blue” for Autism Today

Notice something different on Food Network this morning? Today, Food Network and Cooking Channel are participating in the Autism Speaks: Light It Up B...

1. cathy maple says:

hi Ladies
    THERE will b only two of us for thanksgiving this yr.And my husband is on low carb and sugar free diet
    any suggestion on dessrt or some menu items.thank you.

2. jamie says:

hello rachiel this is going to be my first year to fry a turkey? so my question is can we inject the turkey with flavoring or will it cause the turkey to burn please help thanks jamie

3. outdoerzy says:

Hello Rachael and Ree! My family LOVES the standard mashed potatoes and gravy so we have to have that on the table at Thanksgiving. But we also really enjoy sweet potatoes. How can we have two different kinds of potatoes at one meal and have them not conflict with each other? Thanks so much!
    -Hillary

4. Lisa says:

Hi, Ree! I love to cook with my kids – they are 11, 8, and 2. Do your kids help you cook any Thanksgiving dishes, and if so, which ones are their favorites to make?

5. Brian says:

Hi Rachiel and Ree. My wife passed awy a few years ago and she would make AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD. I've found what to do after you receive the starter dough but have not been able to find the recipe for making the starter dough. Can you help? She had a lot of recipe's in her head and didn't write them down. She would give loaves of bread and a starter dough for Christmas every year, and I would like to continue this tradition as a reminder of her, and the rest of the family loved the bread!
    Please can you help?

6. joe nager says:

Rachel, and REE I need help. I hate CELERY, I mean can I taste Celery seed in a dish of potato salad.. What can I use as a substitute to keep my flavors working properly?
    Thanks , joefishs

7. Donna says:

Racheal and/or Ree: Some chefs have said not to tie the drumsticks together because it will take longer for the turkey to cook because they are close to the body, others say it's better to tie them together because it will look better. On the other hand if you carve the turkey before you put it on the table, whose to know? To tie,or not to tie?

8. Jordan Wilcox says:

Dear Rachael,

As a recent college graduate, I am searching for work and would still like to prepare a Thanksgiving meal for my close friends. Is it possible to create a Thanksgiving meal for 6 people with a budget of $50 and I would like to serve turkey and make it traditional? Thanks for your help.

Jordan

• jazzmom says:

Our son did this around Thanksgiving time one year when he was in college. He too was on a budget. Instead of one person bearing all the cost and responsibility of the meal they (he and his friends) had a Thanksgiving potluck dinner! It was at the home of whoever cooked the turkey as that was the entree. i doesn't have to be a fancy affair. If you want pie get it from the freezer section of groc store or the bakery. same with dinner rolls. Use frozen douch. Make stuffing instead of stuffing the bird. College students also don't have 25+yrs of kitchen equipment in their apts.

Or have a traveling Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey at one house, veggies at another, appetizers at one, dessert at the last. No alcohol should be involed with this type of meal however.

Good luck and have fun! Remember the day shouldn't be about the food but about giving thanks for what you have.

9. Hannah says:

Hi Ree!
    We have a family of 5, and have bought both large turkeys and small ones over the years for Thanksgiving. The small birds seem to come out much moister than the bigger ones. However, the small birds never have enough meat on them for our family, plus enough left-over to have those wonderful turkey sandwiches for later! We have a large bird again this year and was wondering if you had any great tips on how to cook a large turkey to taste like a small one! (We normally cook our stuffing separately because we prefer it that way, so if you have any tips outside of stuffing the bird, that would be much appreciated!)
    Thanks,
    Hannah
    PS. I love your show !

10. Sherry Foster says:

If I bake an apple pie on Wednesday that has a "crisp" type topping with flour, sugar, brown sugar, and butter, etc. will I have to refrigerate it that night before I serve it on Thursday for Thanksgiving? It also has a lattice crust on top of the "crisp" topping.