What to Watch: Food Network All-Star Family Cook-Off

by in Shows, November 17th, 2012

Food Network All-Star Family Cook-OffEating lots of great food and spending time with family and friends are some of the things to look forward to when it comes to the holidays. And cooking together is a great way to catch up on old times and make new memories whether it involves a bit of family drama or not.

So what happens when four Food Network chefs are each paired with a family member in a cooking challenge? It’s a competition to see which family cooks the best. Watch Anne Burrell, Alex Guarnaschelli, Robert Irvine and Geoffrey Zakarian battle it out to win a cash donation to their charity of choice. Bobby Deen hosts this Food Network special, which eliminates teams round by round until only one family is left standing.

Tune in: Sunday, November 18 at 10pm/9pm c

Restaurant Revisited: Culture Clash at Marie’s at Ummat Cafe

“This is tasteless,” Robert Irvine said of the tableful of dishes he sampled at Marie’s at Ummat Cafe in Atlanta. It turns out that ...

1. jlsbcn says:

I'm happily waiting!!

2. Barbara says:

Alex and her mom were a joy to watch and I'm sorry they didn't win based on that alone. Their interaction brought many smiles to my face and warmth to my heart. It must have been hard for the "chef" part of each team to stand back and not interfere when their partner was working on their dish. Overall it was holiday
    "fluff", but nonetheless enjoyable. The only part I didn't like was Bobby Deen. Bad host…..really bad. If FN wants to continue with this show they need someone different for sure.

3. Shannon says:

I was pleasantly surprised, I did not think I would enjoy this show as much as I did. I thought it was great. I have never really cared much for Alex , however this program showed her in an altogether different light. There were times I was groaning and laughing out loud, I was imagining if it had been my husband and I up there. What in the world ingredients he would have brought back to make a dish, it still makes me chuckle to think about it. Big win for Food Network.

• FanFare59 says:

I, too, was pleasantly surprised that it was entertaining. Alex seemed sweet and her mother was adorable. I also like Anne and her sister's interaction. It was nice to see the ladies up on top.

4. FanFare59 says:

I liked this contest. It was for a good cause. I must admit that I was surprised by the some of the couplings: Ann looked MUCH older than her sister. Geoffrey looked old enough to be his wife's grandfather. And Robert looked old enough to be his new bride's Daddy. His PDA threw me. His wifey wore a tank top and was canoodling while she was stirring something. Gross. (They should have gotten a hotel room.) Once again, Anne rose to the top as a great teacher. Good Job Ann (& Jane)!!

5. kathy says:

Bobby Deen was GREAT!! Don't you get Southern hospitality?

6. lee says:

we really enjoyed watching the show last nite, it's pretty funny and fun, hope to see more "Food network all star family cook off" in the very near future and less of "diners, diners and diners" we're sick of it… and by the way, agree with fanfare59… no canoodling on the show do it backdoors kids may still be watching at that time. again we love the show kudos to all participants!

7. kathy says:

Where can we find the recipes? I would love to make Alex's Mom's chicken…looked delish!

8. afan says:

loved the show!! fun to watch. hope they have more cook-offs and less diners, driveins – tooo much of that
    time for more variety

9. jas says:

Let's face it, bobby dean does not have the TV qualities his mother and brother have…give it up already FN! I am sure he has a calling somewhere..just not in television.

10. A.N. says:

This episode was pretty fun to watch. Anne, Robert, and Alex's facial expressions throughout were hilarious. E.g. Anne's face when her sister didn't get the Marsala to make chicken marsala.