What to Watch: Chopped, No Kidding!

by in Shows, October 2nd, 2012

ChoppedWhat do you get when you put four teenagers in the kitchen and ask them to make a three-course dinner with out-of-the-basket ingredients? The answer might normally be chaos, a slew of questionable plates and a mess, but not on tonight’s all-new episode of Chopped. Four teen cooks are taking to the Chopped kitchen to prove that they aren’t simply culinary novices, but rather passionate, ambitious amateurs who know their way around a chef’s knife and sauté pan.

But even with their determination and savvy kitchen skills, can these four teens cook up a meal that impresses all-star Chopped judges who are used to tasting dishes prepared by professional chefs? Tune in tonight at 10pm/9c to find out which teen will survive the Chopping Block and take home $10,000.

Tags:

History-Making Moments All Around — Alton’s After-Show

Considering the ruthless sabotaging that takes place on any given day on Cutthroat Kitchen, it would surely take something over-the-top evilicious to...

1. Mary Ellen says:

I am a CHOPPED fanatic! LOVE the show and watch it every week – keep up the good work!

• Alfelia says:

I'm also a CHOPPIE love it, this was better than watching (Dancing With The Stars). These young chefs CHOPPED DOWN better then the pro's. Congratulation to the winner and her competetors.

2. Sensing says:

All four of those kids were great!!!. The food that was created looked better the half the chefs that have been on chopped before. I would love to see Shania on the next chopped champions. I think she would give the others a good run for the money.

3. Kerry says:

I’m 53 and a Chopped Addict! Totally loved the teen show tonight-more teens need to see their peers in such a positive light. Please invite more teen chefs to your show-and perhaps-now some senior citizens, also!

Thanks

4. Carolyn Walpole says:

Teen Chefs on Chopped was one of the best episodes I've seen. These kids were all fantastic!

5. Lauren says:

What about a cooking show for teens? I was so impressed with the kids who competed on Chopped. They can teach teens there is more to eat than fast food. Many kids don't have an adult role model who cooks "real food." They have no idea that vegetables that come in a can actually can be bought fresh. FN would be doing a Public Service.

6. Josh says:

I watch chopped constantly. I find one issue with the final judgements though. Why is it more times than not, that the contestant with the best sob story tends to win?

• Dr. Joan says:

I thought about that also. But, in fact, it is not always true that the latest sob story wins. Actually, the person that wins is the best chef.

7. T.johnsen says:

A Teen Chopped show would be great. What a way to get kids interested in food and cooking. BRAVO Food Network.

8. steffielyn says:

Teen show on Chopped was about as awesome as it could be. So impressed with every one of those kids. Far more professional than some of the regular "chefs" invited to compete. Please do more of these!

9. Cakedibua says:

THE JUDGES ON CHOPPED ARE SOOOOO PREJUDICE AGAINST MINORITIES THAT IT MAKES YOU WANT TO BREAK YOUR TELEVISION. THE MINORITY CONTESTANTS HAVE TO BE PERFECT IN ORDER TO WIN!!!! BUT THE OTHER CONTESTANTS CAN LEAVE THINGS OFF THE PLATE. SERVE RAW OR UNDEROOKED FOOD AND THE JUDGES DO A LOT OF DOUBLE TALK UNTIL THEY CAN JUSTIFY IT JUST TO KEEP FROM GIVING THE WIN TO THE RIGHT PERSON. OVER AND OVER AND OVER I HWAVE WATCHED THIS AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT. I KEPT WATCHING TO SEE IF SOMETHING WAS GOING TO CHANGE BECAUSE I AM SURE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES THIS BUT, NO – THE SHOW JUST GOES ALONG. I WILL NEVER WATCH IT AGAIN!!!

• Josh says:

I agree in a lot of ways about what you said. There is certainly a kind of bias going on. Some kind of favoritism for only certain types of contestants based completely on the person or background and not the skill or food. I wouldn’t put my money on minorities so to speak because that would just be unheard of on network television. Ha! But in all honesty there is something off about it. Gonna keep watching though. I’m waiting for the episode where the oven actually works for once.

• Barb says:

I'm sorry…a black female teenager WON the teen chopped. What are you talking about?

10. Shannon says:

I am just going to add to the positive comments on here already! This show was a winner! Awesome kids, great show, great idea! I am already a huge fan of Chopped, keep this up Food Network.