Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Dig Into Festive Holiday Party Dips

Holiday dips should never be boring or (gasp!) store-bought. Feast your eyes on Food Network's quirky layered dips, perfect for holiday gatherings and...

Comments (2,025)

1. Samantha says:

Would like to bring a side dish for my family's Thanksgiving this year agian. But have always had mixed reactions in the past because I can't accomadate both my family and my husband and oldest. My family is midwestern small town meat and potatoes kind of people and my husband and oldest love seafood and international foods. What can I make to combine both so everyone will love it with no complaints!? And please no nuts have an allergy in the family.

2. Kelli says:

I have a muscle disease that requires a strict diet. What side dishes would you suggest for someone who is forced to be low carb and gluten free? Thank you so much…love you all!

Kelli Bosarge – Grand Bay, Alabama
    (Next Iron Chef Team Guarnaschelli!!!) :-)

3. Kelly McKenzie says:

I have a wild turkey that has been skinned out. Can I deep fry a turkey that doesn' have skin? My husband says 'yes' & I say 'no'. Please help us settle this before it is too late to go purchase another turkey!

4. TryToCook says:

I have two questions. 1. My pumpkin pie cracks on the top. Why? How can I avoid it?
    2. I would like to serve brie with apple slices as an appetizer. How do I keep my apple slices from turning brown?

5. TAMMY says:

WE WILL DEEP FAT FRYING A TURKEY THIS YEAR, HOW CAN I M AKE THE GRAVY WITHOUT BUYING JAR GAVY.

TAMMY BAILEY
    FROM: OMAHA, NEBRASKA

6. Mary Beckman says:

I used to cook the stuffing inside the turkey. Now I cook it outside the bird and call it dressing. The dressing is not as moist as it was when cooked inside the bird. How do I get it to be crispy on top and moist in the middle?

7. Cathy Wootten says:

How do you make the turkey taste just as good the day after?

8. Phyllis says:

Happy Thanksgiving Chefs

I would like to deconstruct my turkey as there never seems to be enough of white or dark meat to go around. Any suggestions on how to prep and how long do I time the breast , thighs and legs? What goes in first and for how long

• Gail says:

I actually cook a turkey and a small turkey breast.

I get the best of two worlds — an entire turkey–for the few dark meat and leg lovers and plenty of white meat.

I cook my turkey breast the night before, as with most of us with one oven–space is an issue.

I hope this helps!

Gail

9. Phyllis Hilburn says:

Hi Chefs..
    What is the best way to make gravy….add the flour to the pan of drippings and then add hot water or mix the flour with some hot water and then add to the pan of drippings….I don't want any lumps…just a nice smooth gravy. Thanks for a lump-free gravy.

• Norma Olivar says:

First you must drain the drippings add the drippings to a BOWL and SKIM off the fat . Next add the fat back to the pan on LOW HEAT and add flour whisk until WET SAND 4-5 min. Then slowly add CHICKEN STOCK and your DRAINED DRIPPINGS ,NOT WATER and cook until thickend……………………………………………………….

10. brittany says:

My question is for anyone, do i need to use a fat seperator to make my gravy?