Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

5 Rules for Crispy, Golden and Miraculous Latkes

You've been waiting all year to fry up your first batch of latkes, so you better make 'em good. ...

Comments (2,025)

1. Melanie L says:

Hi Chefs! With how financially tight many are in this economy, can you please recommend some budget friendly side dishes that won't break the bank or skimp on flavor? Thanks Chefs! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

2. Briac C. says:

What are your thoghts on starting the bird breast side down and then flipping over half way through. Is this really worth the trouble?

3. Ebben McCarty says:

With all the different roasting pans on the market, how do you choose? My Mom always used the covered, speckled enameled roaster with a lid, and I have also used a roaster with a lid. I have also used roasting bags, with a similar good outcome. Last year I invested in a beautiful stainless roasting pan with a nice rack. I roasted the turkey without a lid for the first time, and it just seemed to take longer to cook. It was good but I would like to hear from you, the experts on this one. What type of pan makes for the perfect turkey? Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and thanks for having a live show like this! What a great idea!

4. shelley Ryals says:

Thank you food network. I have six children and a husband that I have cooked many meals for twentyfive years. My youngest daughter Natalie started watching your network cooking shows at a young age and began cooking with love in her heart for the family. She started with her own menu with ingredients from our pantry and called her place The Mystery Cafe. We could order from her menu for a small price and be served. Believe me it was nice to be served instead of having to serve. To this day she loves to cook. If you ever have a show with teenagers competition in the kitchen Natalie could be your girl. Thank you for giving her the desire and love for cooking.

5. Kari Jaquith says:

It might be possible that I end up spending Thanksgiving alone this year I was wondering what my choices would be if I wanted to cook something along the lines of a traditional Thanksgiving Day Dinner for myself. I easily could opt for Thai take out.

6. Nicole says:

I have a little boy who has major food allergies. He is now 10 and is feeling the pinch of being different and not being able to eat what everyone else eats. I would really love to have a pumpkin pie for him. He cannot eat eggs or dairy or nuts and many other things but none of them should affect a pie. Could one of you please help me find a way to make him a pumpkin pie so he can eat what we eat. Thank you.

7. Terri says:

For the last two years I have brimmed my turkey however last year my gravy was very salty. What do I do this year to not have that happen again?

8. AimeeCSR says:

Thanks so much for the reply, unfortunately I tried that last year and my skin still didn't crisp up. After reading a bunch of recipes and reviews I have a feeling it has something to do with turning up the temp in the beginning of the cooking process but I have no idea how long and to what temperature. Maybe it's a combination of the leaving the turkey in the fridge to dry out and turning up the heat in the beginning, not sure at all. Please help :)

9. Joanna says:

This question is for Bobby. I love a Traditional Thanksgiving meal, but my husband and I also enjoy some heat and strong flavors. Which side dish can I kick up a notch with some spice, but still have the traditional Thanksgiving menu we love and our guests love?

10. Jolanta says:

I have seen a recipe that says to roast the turkey upside down (breast down) and the breast comes out much more moist. Do you recommend this, or will the turkey look funny after I take it out of the oven?