Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

What’s Your Java IQ?

If coffee a morning must for you, it’s time to shake up your everyday routine. Indulge in a fancy coffee drink — homemade pumpkin spice latt...

Comments (2,025)

1. glenn werner says:

this is the first thanksgiving i've had the opportunity to cook and i wanted to cook something other than turkey and ham do u have any ideas?

2. Dawn Best says:

I wish the Food Network team addressed more of the questions that were sent in during their live show. There really should be another Thanksgiving show where the team only addresses questions that were submitted in. A lot of the show was social comradery, which is very nice, but not a lot of questions were answered. With only two hours and commercial breaks I really didn't get anything out of the show. I think all the chefs are so knowledge and great, so I was surprised to be disappointed. Sorry.

3. Dorothy says:

What do you use as the temperature at which you remove your turkey from the oven. I know some say 180 but that seems safe but too high and I know there is carry over cooking. What temp do you recommend?

Dorothy

4. Vivian Zitt says:

Thanksgiving question:
    I want to make Paula Deen's cornbread stuffing for Thanksgiving. Can I make it the day before and refrigerate? How long do I bake it? Thank you so much! Love your channel :)

5. Carole B. says:

I ordered a pre-baked turkey which I am picking up today (two days before thanksgiving). How do I re-warm it for company coming Thanksgiving Day? Do I put the whole bird back into the oven for a couple of hours or what do I do? I don't want it dried out. I've just had surgery and didn't think I could bake it like I always did before. Please help.

6. Chris says:

I initially enjoyed the pre-show, but had to turn it off because I found Alex Guarnaschelli's chattering while the other chefs were taking their turns showcasing their recipes, not just extremely rude, but very distracting. I do not like such arrogance, especially on a Thanksgiving show. I realize Alex is "very important" but considering it was a live show, I thought the disrespect the was very offensive. I mean, if what she was saying to Bobby Flay was so critical, did she have to stand next to the camera, and sound guy?[polldaddy 6706199 http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/6706199/ polldaddy]

7. Tanner W. says:

Dear Food Network,
    Like most of the people who posted Thanksgiving questions here, I am still waiting for a reply to my question. Even a suggestion of where to go to find the answer would be helpful. FN has yet to even acknowledge these posts much less try to answer them. Can't you find some interns to sort through these? Come on, Thanksgiving is only 2 days away, and a lot of prep work needs to start now.
    What was the purpose here? Why let us post questions that you'll never look at? Of course, this post is merely me venting since you'll never answer, acknowledge, or even see it.
    I'm extremely disappointed in the live show, the televised and online Thanksgiving coverage, and the Food Network as a whole.
    Thanks for not listening,
    Tanner

8. Dawn says:

Can you deep fry a Turduckin?

9. Karen Wojtas says:

i have a question about using eggs in our Thanksgiving Dishes that we are making ahead of time . I have decided to put my eggs in my stuffing casserole dish as I make it this year and put it in the refrigerator of course until tomorrow. I have not done this before: always leaving them out until the day. Is it safe to put eggs in our Thanksgiving casseroles and keep them a day or two before cooking on Thanksgiving Day? Thanks Karen

10. Robert Doman says: