Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Get a Head Start on Thanksgiving Dinner: 5 Easy Recipes to Make the Day Before

From cranberries to stuffing, cut your cooking time in half on Thursday by crossing a few of these off your list by Wednesday (if not sooner)....

Comments (2,025)

1. Missylayne says:

My mothe had roasted a turkey all my life and I roast do my own now. I have only one question, why do my turkey bleed and hers never did. We both used frozen turkeys, but mine bleed into the stufing as it cook. How can I stop his from happening?

• Dee says:

Sorry, I answered the wrong question. See my answer below, try using a brined turkey or kosher one. The brining method removes any traces of blood.

2. Patsy says:

Help please.I always make my turkey breast in an oven bag . And i go by the roasting chart but i havent found the right time for my turkey breast. Its 9.20 lbs and it doesnt show the scheduleing for it. Im confused as to how long to bake it Could you please help. I watch food network channel quiet often and love all the great cooking shows and chefs. Many thanks .

3. Ruth Ann says:

Hi, Alton. I hear lots of great things about brining turkey, and want to try it. I'd also love to try frying a turkey. Is it safe to brine a turkey I intend to fry? Sounds potentially hazardous… Thank you, and Happy Thanksviging!

4. Awesome website. However it could use more cowbell. Every website needs more cowbell.

5. Sandra Peters says:

The Peters Family
    We loved the thanksgiving live show . It showed they really have fun ,and it answer a lot of peoples questions. Even my husband watched it and said it was a good show hope you have it every year.

6. Pamela Clay says:

I put salt inside my turkey and rub it around so it draws the juices into the turkey. So my question is: Once the turkey is done is there a glaze I can put on the turkey that would create the same affect as baking a glaze on it.

7. Marsha Motzkus says:

Hello:I am making a 3.8lb bone in, skin on turkey breast to take to Hospice for Mom and to have for lunch .(she doesn't tolerate spicey foods) I planning on putting herbed butter under skin ,and placing the breast on top of onions, oranges and lemmons. On the show you said 15min per pound at 350, is that the same for breast wiht skin and bone in. Thanks for your help I really want to make this dinner a dinner to put a smile on her face. Thanks again, Marsha PS Giada where in Michigan is Tod from.

8. Yousef says:

I too was disappoinnted with the show. It was way to fast paced. Alton was running around like a turkey with its head cut off. After being 20 min. into the show I looked at the clock and thought to myself how boring and uninformational this program is. 10 minutes later I realized it was a 2 hour show and turned the t.v. off because I wasn't about to watch another 1 1/2 hour of torture. Although I must say, it was a great concept but poorly executed.

• shawn says:

I agree, but I watched it because it was fun to watch Alton act like a spaz.

• BeeJay says:

I agree the pace was too frenetic for my taste.

• Joe Jones says:

When do you get anything out of tv but five minutes of bullshit and 3 minutes of commercials. I quit watching tv 12 years ago and if I was an adult I would be ashamed to say I sit and watch nonsense like this. They put just enough shit on so you'll watch the commercials.
      You get nothing from tv and never will. I mean they're just cooking food. If they were making a rocket ship I could see.

9. gale says:

do the chefs really answer your quetions on here we leave comments but do the chefs really reply back to them

10. Marsha says:

Breast side down or up when roasting?