Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Stars, Stripes and Everything Nice: 4th of July Treats — Summer Soiree

If the fireworks are sounding off and you’re more concerned with where your next hot dog is coming from, then let’s not kid ourselves. For...

Comments (2,025)

1. Sharon says:

I recently bought a new stove and I now have a convection/conversion oven. Which is the best one to use for roasting the turkey? Do I need to adjust the cooking time for the convection over. Thank you Sharon

2. George says:

When brining a turkey, what is the best method to do it? A bucket? A large plastic bag? And it needs to stay refrigerated while brining, correct?

3. Candy Pitcock says:

I love making the recipes from all the shows I have watched. Thanks go to all of you. I was wondering though is there any substitutions for the alcohol used in the recipes, my husband won't eat anything that has nay alcohol in it. I would appreciate any suggestions. Sincerely Candy.

4. jan Bettencourt says:

what are the ingredients in poultry seasoning

5. molly says:

sorry but as much as I love everyone on the food channel I thought Giada was the girl in your class that you loved to hate..How silly can you get?

6. Pat says:

This is for Alton. Where do I find or how do I make the vegetable stock( one gallon) when brimming your good eats turkey?

7. Carol says:

Alton: What was your flub with making your dinner that you remember most?

8. wendy says:

Do I have to bake my turkey as soon as I take it out of the brine or can it stay in the fridge overnight and will it still be moist?

9. Sue says:

I'd like to make my pie crust tomorrow but make my pies on Thursday (we're celebrating Thanksgiving on Friday this year).
    Will it stay fresh in the refrigerator or should I (can I?) freeze it?

10. Sandra says:

Why do I get that suction effect when I inject turkeys? I have even purchased the stainless stell needles to no avail It makes it a hard job when the plunger keeps being sucked.