Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Non-Pie Desserts That Will Take the Cake This Thanksgiving

Switch up your usual Thanksgiving dessert traditions by introducing sweet cakes to the spread with Food Network's must-have holiday recipes....

Comments (2,025)

1. Sharon says:

I recently bought a new stove and I now have a convection/conversion oven. Which is the best one to use for roasting the turkey? Do I need to adjust the cooking time for the convection over. Thank you Sharon

2. George says:

When brining a turkey, what is the best method to do it? A bucket? A large plastic bag? And it needs to stay refrigerated while brining, correct?

3. Candy Pitcock says:

I love making the recipes from all the shows I have watched. Thanks go to all of you. I was wondering though is there any substitutions for the alcohol used in the recipes, my husband won't eat anything that has nay alcohol in it. I would appreciate any suggestions. Sincerely Candy.

4. jan Bettencourt says:

what are the ingredients in poultry seasoning

5. molly says:

sorry but as much as I love everyone on the food channel I thought Giada was the girl in your class that you loved to hate..How silly can you get?

6. Pat says:

This is for Alton. Where do I find or how do I make the vegetable stock( one gallon) when brimming your good eats turkey?

7. Carol says:

Alton: What was your flub with making your dinner that you remember most?

8. wendy says:

Do I have to bake my turkey as soon as I take it out of the brine or can it stay in the fridge overnight and will it still be moist?

9. Sue says:

I'd like to make my pie crust tomorrow but make my pies on Thursday (we're celebrating Thanksgiving on Friday this year).
    Will it stay fresh in the refrigerator or should I (can I?) freeze it?

10. Sandra says:

Why do I get that suction effect when I inject turkeys? I have even purchased the stainless stell needles to no avail It makes it a hard job when the plunger keeps being sucked.