Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Spring Break in Miami: Tickets on Sale Now for the 2015 South Beach Wine & Food Festival

Though the chill of fall air might be welcome relief now after a stifling summer, come February you’ll have likely turned a cold shoulder to th...

Comments (2,025)

1. Tameka says:

I really want to cook the turkey this year. I have never cooked one and I want to show my husband that I can rock this turkey out. I bought a 15 pound turkey, it is still in the freezer. When do I start to thaw him and and how will I keep the turkey from drying out. Also what is the temp to cook it on

2. Robert says:

PIE EMERGENCY!!!
    Hi, I make my thanksgiving. All from scratch and I make several pies , I never can get my pie crust right . Help ! I need a non-dairy generic pie crust, fail safe!
    The pie maker! Robert

3. gene ellison says:

I'm bringing bread to my church potluck for thanksgiving. Any way to ratch it up without using garlic? Love Sunny's oxtails.

4. Diem Sellers says:

Please HELP! My turkey is still frozen, it's 12.50 pounds. I need to cook this for my daughter's Pilgrim Feast for school Tuesday. How can I safely and quickly defrost this bird, or….. what can my back up turkey plan if I can't get this defrosted in time??????

5. Jon says:

Is there a disadvantage to steaming instead of boil potatoes for mashed potatoes. When steamed they seem to absorb less water.

6. Barb Michelutti says:

I want to make homemade pie crust for my pumpkin pie. I have my Mom's pie filling recipe, but need to know how to make a light and flaky pie crust. PLEASE Help me….Obiwan!

7. Beth says:

Whats the secret in making a good Traditional Southern Cornbread dressing?

8. Mariakolb says:

Whenever I try to zest my lemons and limes (I am using the proper tool) the zest sticks in the grating area. I have to slam the tool on plates or rake forks over it to get a tiny amount of the zest into my recipe. This is not going well. Please give me a magical hint! Thanks, great ones.

9. Liz W. says:

I'm bringing dinner rolls to Thanksgiving dinner. I don't want them to be overlooked, so how do I make something that will really stand out?

10. Ben says:

We decided to go "Old School" and raised our own organic, heritage turkey this year. However, the bird weighs 42 pounds! How do we roast this without ending up mushy in the middle and jerky on the outside?