Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Stars, Stripes and Everything Nice: 4th of July Treats — Summer Soiree

If the fireworks are sounding off and you’re more concerned with where your next hot dog is coming from, then let’s not kid ourselves. For...

Comments (2,025)

1. kitttykat says:

I have to bring pies, a cake, mashed potatoes and carrot soufflé. Can I make the pie crust Monday and make the potatoes and carrots Wed. And reheat them Thursday?

2. sue says:

Best way to cook turkey breast that don't dry out ? Thank You

3. Kjirsten Roisen says:

HUGE Family-Help we are feeding 32 people for thanksgiving and I could only find a 22 pound bird! What's your best solution to serving everyone turkey that is warm and fresh?

4. Tania says:

I want to try trisha yearwood turkey method, but am nervous if it will really work. You cook it covered at 500 degrees 1 hour, then turn the oven off and sit for 6 hours. She did it in a covered roaster, I don't have one-will it work if I just use foil?

5. Maggie says:

Can I make the gravy ahead of time?

6. Kolleen Shields says:

I have to cook Thanksgiving for those who are gluten and lactose intolerant. I am having trouble with interesting side dishes . I have a wild rice stuffing casserole and a nice salad but am wondering about potato dishes and pies. HELP!!

7. Robert says:

Hi, I make my thanksgiving. All from scratch and I make several pies , I never can get my pie crust right . Help ! I need a non-dairy generic pie crust, fail safe!
    The pie maker! Robert

8. peggy bragg says:

this is for bobby flay have you used your green egg to smoke a turkey and how did it turn out

9. dafarmer29 says:

I am deep frying a turkey breast. Do I need to let it come to room temperature before I fry it?

10. Gayle Goss says:

I need a gluten free dressing mix that will go with a goose as I am also allergic to turkey.