Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Down-Home Comfort — Fresh Easter Ham with Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Fresh ham is nothing like the boozy bourbon-soaked and smoked holiday ham or the candy-sweet spiral wonder. It’s essentially a pork roast with a bon...

Comments (2,025)

1. kitttykat says:

I have to bring pies, a cake, mashed potatoes and carrot soufflé. Can I make the pie crust Monday and make the potatoes and carrots Wed. And reheat them Thursday?

2. sue says:

Best way to cook turkey breast that don't dry out ? Thank You

3. Kjirsten Roisen says:

HUGE Family-Help we are feeding 32 people for thanksgiving and I could only find a 22 pound bird! What's your best solution to serving everyone turkey that is warm and fresh?

4. Tania says:

I want to try trisha yearwood turkey method, but am nervous if it will really work. You cook it covered at 500 degrees 1 hour, then turn the oven off and sit for 6 hours. She did it in a covered roaster, I don't have one-will it work if I just use foil?

5. Maggie says:

Can I make the gravy ahead of time?

6. Kolleen Shields says:

I have to cook Thanksgiving for those who are gluten and lactose intolerant. I am having trouble with interesting side dishes . I have a wild rice stuffing casserole and a nice salad but am wondering about potato dishes and pies. HELP!!

7. Robert says:

Hi, I make my thanksgiving. All from scratch and I make several pies , I never can get my pie crust right . Help ! I need a non-dairy generic pie crust, fail safe!
    The pie maker! Robert

8. peggy bragg says:

this is for bobby flay have you used your green egg to smoke a turkey and how did it turn out

9. dafarmer29 says:

I am deep frying a turkey breast. Do I need to let it come to room temperature before I fry it?

10. Gayle Goss says:

I need a gluten free dressing mix that will go with a goose as I am also allergic to turkey.