Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Your New Holiday Party Best Friend: The Slow Cooker

When you’ve got multiple dishes in the works for a party, the trusty slow cooker has your back....

Comments (2,025)

1. Jennifer says:

How do I brine a frozen turkey?

2. Kathy517 says:

I need help, every year we make chestnuts. They never come out good. What is the secret to making great chestnuts.

3. Kelly says:

I have to work on Thanksgiving. My work crew is planning a Thanksgiving meal and I am bringing the Turkey. We are police officers, so we never know when we will be able to eat, or if we will get a minute to sit and give thanks together at the same time. How do you suggest I keep the turkey hot without it drying out?

4. Chris says:

I've started using 100% whole grain to make my yeast loaf bread, but it only rises about 2/3 the normal size. Any hints?

5. Mary Curtis says:

I want to make truffels. The last time I melted chocolate for dipping strawberries I used common chocolate chips. It never solidified. I talked to the woman at the cake decorating store. She told me the chocolate that they sold has fat added. If I want to use something like chocolate chips that is not tempered I would have to add Crisco. My question is: How do I temper chocolate? Mary Curtis

6. Wendy says:

The husband wants me to make a shrimp dish, any ideas for appitizers and shrimp?

• Diem says:

mozzarella stuffed, bacon wrapped barbecue grilled shrimp. I used to work for a restaurant that made this as an appetizer. It's great, quick and simple.

Take large raw shrimp, peeled, cleaned and butterfly. take mozzarella cheese and cut into small stick. place it in the middle of the shrimp and wrap the shrimp over the cheese. wrap half a slice of bacon over the shrimp, grill on grill pan or bake in the oven for 5 minutes until the bacon is cooked and crispy. Brush with barbecue sauce, serve warm immediately, enjoy :)

7. Sara Vincent says:

I have 2 thanksgivings to go to, and I need a delicious VEGAN recipe to bring!

• Diem says:

wild rice pilaf with cranberries and slivered almonds. I use Uncle Ben's wild rice, add 1/2 cup dried cranberries during your cooking method, fluff rice when done, add toasted slivered almonds on top. This takes 20 minutes, travels well and heats up easily.

8. Judi says:

Is dressing/stuffing (I prefer "dressing"…LOL) better made with bread, toast, or cornbread?

9. Stylejourneys says:

TO BRINE OR NOT TO BRINE?

Each year I've been responsible for the turkey. Last year, I opted for Alton Brown's recipe, which calls for brining the turkey. This year, I'm going with Bobby Flay's recipe; however, his recipe doesn't call for any brining. Do you suggest a brine? Will the turkey still come out moist without a brine?

Thanks!

10. Natalie says:

My turkey has a 6% solution injection. Can I still brine it? Do I need to alter the brine recipe?