Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

The Carnivore’s Ball, A Meat Lover’s Dream: Meatopia at the New York City Wine & Food Festival

If the name Meatopia isn’t clear enough, its subtitle, The Carnivore’s Ball, definitely explains what the festival, hosted by Michael Symo...

Comments (2,025)

1. karenm says:

How long and at what temperature do you roast a brined turkey in a convection oven?

2. SpecialGirl66 says:

GRAVY EMERGENCY!! Because of space restrictions, we are frying our turkey this year. We always have a traditional gravy, (turkey drippings included), what can I do to still create a heavenly gravy that's so important to use on eveything on the plate this Thursday?

3. Shelly says:

How do you make candied yams using canned yams?

4. Lisa heydenreich says:

I want to enhance my traditional cornbread and dry bread dressing without adding any sweetness. We like savory dishes, what would you suggest?

5. Sherry says:

My husband likes sweet potatos made with a sugar syrup, he uses it as his syrup for his plate. I need help cause I don't make it like his mom does! No recipe from her just do this and that…how can I make a syrupy sweet potato that isn't to overboard sweet with lots of juice?

6. AntDal in NOLA says:

I have Celiac's disease therefore I was wondering about gluten-free sides or desserts I could bring to a family gathering . Also, any suggestions about what I could possibly eat safely at a family gathering.

7. Joe Carmel says:

When boiling my eggs for the dressing, I have noticed, that every now and then, an egg will float to the top, while others are sunk to the bottom. Are these eggs that float okay or do I need to discard them? Thanks, Joe from Ocean Springs, Mississippi.

8. Janet says:

coconut cream pie mine turns out soupy what am i doing wrong?

9. Stephanie Sasek says:

Is there a big difference in the kind of oil used for frying a turkey? I know the most common is peanut oil however I have seen the option of vegetable oil or even a new blend of vegetable/peanut oil. Obviously the peanut oil is more expensive so I would like an alternative if possible.
    Also, is there such a thing as a good make ahead mashed potato? I hate the last minute prep required as the turkey comes out. thanks!!!

10. StephLancas says:

Picking up precooked organic turkey that needs to be finished/browned. Please suggest how to keep moisture? Use rub? Use Herb butter? Cover? Uncover? HELP