Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Stars, Stripes and Everything Nice: 4th of July Treats — Summer Soiree

If the fireworks are sounding off and you’re more concerned with where your next hot dog is coming from, then let’s not kid ourselves. For...

Comments (2,025)

1. karenm says:

How long and at what temperature do you roast a brined turkey in a convection oven?

2. SpecialGirl66 says:

GRAVY EMERGENCY!! Because of space restrictions, we are frying our turkey this year. We always have a traditional gravy, (turkey drippings included), what can I do to still create a heavenly gravy that's so important to use on eveything on the plate this Thursday?

3. Shelly says:

How do you make candied yams using canned yams?

4. Lisa heydenreich says:

I want to enhance my traditional cornbread and dry bread dressing without adding any sweetness. We like savory dishes, what would you suggest?

5. Sherry says:

My husband likes sweet potatos made with a sugar syrup, he uses it as his syrup for his plate. I need help cause I don't make it like his mom does! No recipe from her just do this and that…how can I make a syrupy sweet potato that isn't to overboard sweet with lots of juice?

6. AntDal in NOLA says:

I have Celiac's disease therefore I was wondering about gluten-free sides or desserts I could bring to a family gathering . Also, any suggestions about what I could possibly eat safely at a family gathering.

7. Joe Carmel says:

When boiling my eggs for the dressing, I have noticed, that every now and then, an egg will float to the top, while others are sunk to the bottom. Are these eggs that float okay or do I need to discard them? Thanks, Joe from Ocean Springs, Mississippi.

8. Janet says:

coconut cream pie mine turns out soupy what am i doing wrong?

9. Stephanie Sasek says:

Is there a big difference in the kind of oil used for frying a turkey? I know the most common is peanut oil however I have seen the option of vegetable oil or even a new blend of vegetable/peanut oil. Obviously the peanut oil is more expensive so I would like an alternative if possible.
    Also, is there such a thing as a good make ahead mashed potato? I hate the last minute prep required as the turkey comes out. thanks!!!

10. StephLancas says:

Picking up precooked organic turkey that needs to be finished/browned. Please suggest how to keep moisture? Use rub? Use Herb butter? Cover? Uncover? HELP