Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Trick or Treat! Your Guide to Being the Most-Popular House on the Block — Fall Fest

What’s the trick to being the go-to trick-or-treating destination on the block? Homemade treats, that’s what. Instead of stocking up on he...

Comments (2,025)

1. Lisa says:

The dressing will go into the bird. What temperature do I need to get the dressing to…and for how long. I'm perfectly prepared to take the dressing that's been in the turkey and bake it in a casserole after it comes out of the bird if I need to.

So, for food safety, what do I need to do?

Thanks!

Lisa

2. Cali says:

What exactly are giblets, and why do I keep finding them in my gravy?

3. Lisa K says:

I need a really good, easy stuffing recipe…I am SOOO tired of boxed mixes..please help me! Thanks!!

4. Crystal W. says:

Hi! Wanted to know, what's the key to making a great cornbread stuffing/dressing? I've heard it's the cornbread. I actually make mine with Jiffy Cornbread (yes, Jiffy) and Stove Top Cornbread mix. I cook the Jiffy and Stove Top separately, then mix together. I had my broth, diced vegetables and seasonings. I then bake in the oven. To many people's surprise, it's wonderful. It doesn't taste sweet at all, which is a flavor Jiffy Cornbread is known to have. The only issue is, my children want me to make stuffing/dressing from scratch. I've tasted other people's "cornbread" dressing, and it's been grainy. What's the key to making the cornbread stuffing/dressing from scratch? Thank you.

5. Heather says:

I've been cooking Thanksgiving dinner for years, how do I jazz it up with something new that's not so hard?

6. jessica stanwood says:

Say hello to Stanwood kids Mathew, Anna, Owen & April? Advice on bags they sell to roast turkeys in? Cuts roasting time to 2 hours for 20lb bird and keeps it moist. No FOOD NETWORK CHEF has ever mentioned turkey roasting bags?

• Cait says:

You go girl………I looove bags. Turkey is done fast, lots of juice for gravy and so moist.! And you're correct, it's never mentioned.

7. Kristen says:

Is it better to start a turkey on high heat and then turn it down or start at a low heat and raise it at the end?

8. Rachel says:

I was recently diagnosed gluten intolerant. Do you have any amazing stuffing or cornbread recipes for those of us who cannot eat wheat anymore?

9. Shayle says:

Last year I accidentally cook my turkey breast down it was great Has anyone done it that way

10. Ericka says:

I love chestnuts in my stuffing but would love to try something else made with them. What is a great recipe for yummy roasted chestnuts besides stuffing?