Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Stars, Stripes and Everything Nice: 4th of July Treats — Summer Soiree

If the fireworks are sounding off and you’re more concerned with where your next hot dog is coming from, then let’s not kid ourselves. For...

Comments (2,025)

1. Lisa says:

The dressing will go into the bird. What temperature do I need to get the dressing to…and for how long. I'm perfectly prepared to take the dressing that's been in the turkey and bake it in a casserole after it comes out of the bird if I need to.

So, for food safety, what do I need to do?

Thanks!

Lisa

2. Cali says:

What exactly are giblets, and why do I keep finding them in my gravy?

3. Lisa K says:

I need a really good, easy stuffing recipe…I am SOOO tired of boxed mixes..please help me! Thanks!!

4. Crystal W. says:

Hi! Wanted to know, what's the key to making a great cornbread stuffing/dressing? I've heard it's the cornbread. I actually make mine with Jiffy Cornbread (yes, Jiffy) and Stove Top Cornbread mix. I cook the Jiffy and Stove Top separately, then mix together. I had my broth, diced vegetables and seasonings. I then bake in the oven. To many people's surprise, it's wonderful. It doesn't taste sweet at all, which is a flavor Jiffy Cornbread is known to have. The only issue is, my children want me to make stuffing/dressing from scratch. I've tasted other people's "cornbread" dressing, and it's been grainy. What's the key to making the cornbread stuffing/dressing from scratch? Thank you.

5. Heather says:

I've been cooking Thanksgiving dinner for years, how do I jazz it up with something new that's not so hard?

6. jessica stanwood says:

Say hello to Stanwood kids Mathew, Anna, Owen & April? Advice on bags they sell to roast turkeys in? Cuts roasting time to 2 hours for 20lb bird and keeps it moist. No FOOD NETWORK CHEF has ever mentioned turkey roasting bags?

• Cait says:

You go girl………I looove bags. Turkey is done fast, lots of juice for gravy and so moist.! And you're correct, it's never mentioned.

7. Kristen says:

Is it better to start a turkey on high heat and then turn it down or start at a low heat and raise it at the end?

8. Rachel says:

I was recently diagnosed gluten intolerant. Do you have any amazing stuffing or cornbread recipes for those of us who cannot eat wheat anymore?

9. Shayle says:

Last year I accidentally cook my turkey breast down it was great Has anyone done it that way

10. Ericka says:

I love chestnuts in my stuffing but would love to try something else made with them. What is a great recipe for yummy roasted chestnuts besides stuffing?