Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

The Calm Before the Feast: FN Stars’ Wednesday-Night Game Plans

We chatted with Food Network stars about their pre-Turkey Day plans....

Comments (2,025)

1. Mary says:

what can you do if your turkey is ruined last minute

2. Carol says:

Can I brine a turkey that has butter bits in it like the butterball turkey?

3. jessica says:

Hi I was wondering how long you can keep fresh whip cream and how would you store it.

4. Frances says:

How Can I make a healthier cranberry sauce from scratch. I'm trying to watch my sugar intake.

5. Bernice Middleton says:

How do you use the turkey giblets to make gravy? I just don't get it.

6. Avid Watcher says:

How do I keep my pumpkin pie filling from pulling away from the crust after baking? Should I pre-bake the crust a little? What's the best kind of crust to use?

7. becky says:

Can I make my mashed potatoes ahead of time, and somehow keep them warm till the turkey is done?

8. Becky says:

Since it's just my husband and I for Thanksgiving, I bought a turkey tenderloin. The two pieces weigh about a two pounds. How should I cook this? Does it have to be soaked in salt water overnight like a turkey breast?

9. Tania says:

my recipe calls for 8 cups of green beans, how many lbs is that?

10. sue says:

can you cook your turkey breast side down to make it more juicy