Thanksgiving Live 2012: Ask Your Question

by in Events, Holidays, October 10th, 2012

Thanksgiving Live 2012YouTube Preview Image
Home cooks and Thanksgiving dinner guests have another reason to be thankful this year: Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond are back for a second helping to answer some of the toughest questions about holiday meal-making on our annual Thanksgiving Live! program, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

From solutions to dry turkey and lumpy gravy to Food Network stars demonstrating helpful tips and delicious recipes, experts will be on hand to address perennial problems.

Do you have a question you need answered? Viewers have the opportunity to submit questions in advance via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive. You can also ask your question here. Leave your question in the comment section below, and then tune in to Food Network on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to see if your question has been answered.

Friends Turns 20 with Central Perk Pop-Up and Free Coffee in NYC

It was 1994 when fans first met Chandler, Joey, Monica, Phoebe, Rachael and Ross, the six now-beloved friends who made up the heart of the cast on NBC...

Comments (2,025)

1. Jo-Ellen says:

is it better to use corn starch or flour to thicken your gravy?

2. gayla says:

should i boil my onions and celery before i put it into my stuffing

3. Tamara Ramsey says:

Hi Sunny
    When cooking a turkey to have a even golden brown all over. Do I cover the turkey in a roasting pan? Or leave the turkey uncovered?

4. Boriqua says:

Hey what happened to the Pigeon ??

5. I because well as my buddies were digesting that the nice items
    located on your site and so all of the sudden got a terrible suspicion I never expressed respect to that the blog owner for those
    techniques. All of the ladies had been certainly passionate to
    study they all and have pretty much been taking pleasure in these things.
    Thank you for genuinely really accommodating as well because for finding certain exceptional resources millions of individuals are actually
    needing to identify about. My very own honest apologies for not saying
    thanks to earlier.

6. @KimbroSarah says:

I'm not a wine drinker but so many recipes call for wine. What type of white and red wines are best for cooking?

7. Lori Bouer says:

I KNOW this will never make TV, so I'm going to ask here…

I have several VEGETARIANS and VEGANS coming to my table. Well my philosophy is, if you leave the table hungry, it's your own darn fault!

I have about 6 vegetable and Vegan side dishes that I'm making, but they feel old hat (Green bean casserole <with non dairy cream of mushroom soup>, Sweet potato casserole, roasted brussel sprouts with walnuts…Do you have any recipes that are DIFFERENT that I can adapt for both Vegetarian and Vegan People that I can FEED them?Thanks in Advance.

8. Donna Belter says:

I would like to know whether any of you cook/bake with the convection oven or regular oven. It is never mentioned on your shows.

9. tonya clark says:

What is the best wine for thanksgiving dinner?

10. SuperBowl says:

After seven days of interviews , strategies as well as enough hype , the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks are ready to kick off the Super Bowl in a matchup which makes perhaps even the several casual pro football fans drool .

The Super Bowl includes the classic pocket passer in Denver's Peyton Manning versus Seattle's quick-footed , quick-witted scrambler in Russell Wilson , which delivers the modern shield at quarterback in the NFL along with the likes of Robert Griffin III , Colin Kaepernick together with Cam Newton .

In the hrs before the Super Bowl , numerous members of the Broadway cast of "Rock of Ages" would certainly complete a couple of 30-minute sets outside MetLife Stadium . The 2nd will likely close out Fox's pregame event from 5 :10-5 :40 p .m . EST . Phillip Phillips and The Band Perry additionally will certainly perform before the game , and Bill O'Reilly could have a live conversation with Leader Barack Obama .

The Transport Safety Administration increased over 2 dozen canines to check travelers arriving out and in of Newark Liberty International Flight terminal all-around the Super Bowl .