Sweet Genius Surprises to Come in Season 3

by in Shows, October 18th, 2012

ron ben-israel sweet geniusBy Ron Ben-Israel, contributions by Kate Kenny and Nikki Junda

In this new season of Sweet Genius, the chefs I invited into my kitchen really raised the bar with unusual techniques and inspired flavor combinations. Candied vegetables? Champagne candies? Pizza dough Rocher? Why not.

The path to genius is never ordinary.

And speaking of unusual techniques, smoking ingredients isn’t just for barbecue anymore. Some of the chefs in my kitchen found imaginative applications for my smoke machine in their desserts. My palate will never be the same.

The competition is fierce and so are my inspirations. Find out what wild new wonders I have in store for the chefs this season. It will be anything but tame.

Being a pastry chef is hard work, but when I’m in the kitchen I like to have fun too. Tune in this season to find out what inspired me to wear a tutu and red nose.

New Season Premieres Thursday, October 18 at 10pm/9c.

Restaurant Revisited: Culture Clash at Marie’s at Ummat Cafe

“This is tasteless,” Robert Irvine said of the tableful of dishes he sampled at Marie’s at Ummat Cafe in Atlanta. It turns out that ...

1. gksweetmimi says:

Oh My, I pay my cable bill, never late always on time, Food Network? What Food Network, who are they kidding, I will miss Season 3 Sweet Genius. It was supposed to be tonight on the Food Network but my cable company obviously has something else up their sleeves , a bunch of rats. Sorry, people, on sweet genius a very unhappy fan, good luck to all the contestants.

2. sweetgeniusfan says:

SO EXCITED!!!

3. Vintage FN viewer says:

Looking forward to this very unique and inspiring show. Oh and can never forget the fabulous Ron Ben-Israel!

4. Ginger says:

This has to be my favorite show! I just love Chef Ron!

5. Lulu Brewer says:

I love Sweet Genius, but I often wonder why when Chef Ron is about to anounce: … and your inspiration:
    "Chef Ron Ben-Israel", because he's an inspiration for sure.

6. We are a bunch of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to paintings on. You have done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.

7. Closet Chef says:

We just recently came upon this show and love Chef Ron Ben-Israel! His own desserts show pure artistry. In view of that, we just could not get over why he did not comment on the presentation or, shall we say terrible presentation, of many of the desserts submitted for his tasting. We watched the "turkey" eposide and watched in horror as one of the contestant's submissions repetedly looked like brown glop. They should have been embarrased to submit such messes to someone like Chief Ron Ben-Israel.

8. K Johnson says:

Thank you, Food Network, for giving us a competition judge who is genuinely likeable. He doesn't tell the contestants to "bring their A game" or remind them repeatedly that they have to work for the $10K that is a fraction of what he is making. No, he encourages them, even when they lose, and says positive things when they deserve it. This makes us all feel better about risks we take in the kitchen.

9. Charlotte says:

i really want to know how the CAKE THAT WASNT A CAKE was made,,it was the final for Magic Genius and they said it looks like a cake acts like a cake but was not a cake,,I WANT TO KNOW THE RECIPE for THAT!! i have GOT to try it,,

10. estelle futterman says:

please give your recipe for carrot cake that you videoed on dec. 9th at ll:30…thank you
    and where can i get the towel that you put around the cake pan to create an even top