Next Iron Chef Rivals Unite at New York City Wine & Food Festival

by in Events, Shows, October 18th, 2012

The Next Iron Chef: Redemption
With just two weeks to go until the premiere of The Next Iron Chef: Redemption, eight of this season’s rival chefs, Nate Appleman, Amanda Freitag, Elizabeth Falkner, Eric Greenspan, Alex Guarnaschelli, Jehangir Mehta, Spike Mendelsohn and Marcel Vigneron, joined Alton Brown and reigning Iron Chefs Masaharu Morimoto, Marc Forgione, Michael Symon, Geoffrey Zakarian and Jose Garces for a night of competition-free cooking at the New York City Wine & Food Festival. Though the competition will certainly be fierce once the battle kicks off Sunday, November 4, last weekend’s Next Iron Chef event was all in good fun, the Iron Chef hopefuls coming together to chat with fans, watch sneak-peek clips of the first episode and dish out late-night party bites worthy of Kitchen Stadium.

Chef Mehta at the Next Iron Chef EventSeveral of the chefs, including Iron Chef Forgione and Chef Greenspan, put gourmet spins on classic comfort foods. New Yorker Chef Forgione plated a Manhattan favorite, handmade bite-size everything bagels with soft gravlax, while Chef Greenspan served a dressed-up grilled cheese with short ribs, Taleggio cheese and arugula on walnut bread. Here Chef Mehta shows off his take on an everyday favorite — the hamburger. His Indian Street Burger was made with warm Indian spices and topped with crunchy red onions and a creamy finishing sauce.

Although all of the chefs donned their jackets and led their culinary teams in cooking, many of them also took time to sign cookbooks for fans, chat about the new season of The Next Iron Chef, pose for pictures and mingle with each other and party guests. Longtime host of The Next Iron Chef and Iron Chef America Alton Brown drew a seemingly never-ending line of fans just waiting to snag a shot with Mr. Good Eats himself.

Chef Falkner at the Next Iron Chef EventGet ready for the all-new season of The Next Iron Chef: Redemption by learning more about the rival chefs, taking a behind-the-scenes look at Kitchen Stadium, reliving chefs’ last battles and checking out Food Network’s Road to Redemption Web series to find out which of four chefs will join the cast of The Next Iron Chef: Redemption. Don’t miss the premiere of The Next Iron Chef: Redemption on Sunday, November 4 at 9pm/8c.

Photos courtesy of Alex Geana Photography

Three Slices of Pie Aren’t Necessarily Better Than One — Dante’s Journey on Holiday Baking Championship

Recap what happened on Episode 3 of Holiday Baking Championship and relive Dante's journey on the show in gifs....

1. @undefined says:

My friends and I are SO excited for this season! On the day of the premiere, we're having our own cook-off in which we make our famous dishes & then pig out in front of the TV. Just as a side note — I'm betting on Elizabeth Falkner!

2. Britt Klontz says:

3. MoHub says:

Why not Tim Love?

4. paul franklin says:

I`ve been a Chef for over30 years. I went to culinary arts school in Las Vegas,NV. in82. I`m upset to see that on your so called reality show……. that your cooks don`t have hats on when they are cooking,& in the real world the health dept. would not let this go on!!! Plus the only real Iron Chef is the one That came from the REAL IRON CHEF.However on that show the judges was not Chefs. If I was to come on your show,I would ask,first if anyone of them smoke& if they are Chefs???I LOVE Robert Irvine,I`m studying all of his shows, that some day that we may work together with my restaurant business consul.in the future.

• jsbcn says:

Does it really matter? What does smoking have to do with being an Ioron Chef, or anything else for that matter? As for hats, when was the last time you saw a chef wear a hat? Just like the nurse's, it's a thing of the past, except at graduation. Get into the 21st century and find something else to gripe about. As for your business, good luck.

5. Shelia says:

I am voting for Alex as she is the best chef in the lineup. She has shown again and again that she has what it takes – talent and personality. GO ALEX!!!!

6. E.N.V. says:

This is a longer season on each in cooks time to create for menus and enjoy set up with displays. Now it's a females chance to break the ice onto cooks board team to be a title Iron chef ! A few seem very capable to become that position finally!

7. This may not be the best place to ask about this, but I want some reviews on a local business that's located near me in Tampa but can't seem to find enough feedback. We just need a simple AC service.They are named Castellano Air Conditioning, 2206 1/2 N Armenia Ave, Tampa, Fl 33607-3414 -(813)877-6997

8. I’m impressed, I must say. Genuinely rarely do you encounter
    a weblog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you,
    you’ll be able to have hit that the nail about the head. Your concept is outstanding; ab muscles something that too few people have been speaking intelligently about. I’m delighted i found this in my hunt for something about it.