Have a Question for Giada or Aarón About Thanksgiving?

by in Events, October 23rd, 2012

giada and aaron thanksgiving liveLast week FN Dish readers had the chance to submit a question to Alton and Bobby for Thanksgiving Live!, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. This week, it’s all about Giada De Laurentiis and Aarón Sanchez.

Before the live show starts at noon, Food Network will serve up a three-hour Thanksgiving Live webcast at FoodNetwork.com. Beginning at 11:30am ET, the site will stream a pre-show featuring celebrity chef interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of Alton and the cast preparing for the big day.

Do you have a question specifically for Giada or Aarón? Whether it’s about the way they set their table or a tip for the perfect gravy, we’ll handpick a selection of your questions and ask them live during the pre-show. Leave your question in the comment section below, or submit it via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive.

Don’t forget: You can still submit a question for Alton and Bobby, too.

Tickets on Sale for the 2014 New York City Wine & Food Festival

Tickets are on sale for the 2014 New York City Wine & Food Festival, an annual celebration of all things dining in New York City. For four days ex...

1. LivingPaleoWay says:

Aaron and Giada, either can answer. I have just started the Paleo Diet as recommended by my doctor due to many issues. There are lots of foods I must give up that I grew up eating on the holidays that I will miss, but for my health I need to try to stick with the meal plans. Any ideas on what I can do to replace the stuffing and mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie? I've already got the sweet potatoes corrected by using pineapple instead of brown sugar and butter and will be cooking a free range turkey and making my own cranberries . . . so I've got a start, just need some ideas to add oomph to the meal so I will not miss my traditional favorites.

2. smokey says:

Aaron, in order to get the perfect amnt of heat is it best to use a lot of a mildly hot pepper, or is it better to use a very hot pepper like a ghost chile, but only a tiny amnt diluted it in the food? ?Thnks

3. Maria says:

How do you cook a 3lb honeybaked Turkey Breast and keep it moist and tender? I'm trying to relicate the Honeybaked Ham Store.

• Ann Proctor says:

A honey baked turlkey or ham has already been cooked and just needs to be warmed. Wrap in foil and heat for 30 minutes @ 300 degrees.

4. Marina Price says:

Aarón or Giada, I'm only 21 and I am making a turkey for the first time this year for my fiances family. I have never made a turkey before but I know it takes forever to bake it. Do you have any tips or ideas for adding flavor to the bird and cutting the cooking time in half?

• Ann Proctor says:

This is a big mistake that a lot of cooks make. Cooking a turkey forever makes for a very dry turkey. The link is an excellent guide for a moist bird.

5. Kirk Andrews says:

Aaron, I'll be Ecuador over Thanksgiving. What should I eat for Thanksgiving dinner while I'm there?

6. Karen Hirschman says:

Chef Aaron,Even though they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Mexico, is there any special way a Mexican family would prepare a turkey?

7. Karin says:

I cannot add salt when I cook due to health concerns. Any suggestions for adding something that would help enhance the flavors (NOT MSG)? I use a lot of herbs and spices, but sometime you just want that extra little something!

8. sam says:

how do you chose a winner

9. What is the best stuffing recipe?

10. Susan says:

Any tips for a foodie who has to travel out of state and prepare the meal at a relative's house who is not even a cook. Need to pare down on ingredients and tools but must bring everything I might need. We are driving not flying so I could do some advance prep with the aide of a good cooler… TIA