Have a Question for Giada or Aarón About Thanksgiving?

by in Events, October 23rd, 2012

giada and aaron thanksgiving liveLast week FN Dish readers had the chance to submit a question to Alton and Bobby for Thanksgiving Live!, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. This week, it’s all about Giada De Laurentiis and Aarón Sanchez.

Before the live show starts at noon, Food Network will serve up a three-hour Thanksgiving Live webcast at FoodNetwork.com. Beginning at 11:30am ET, the site will stream a pre-show featuring celebrity chef interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of Alton and the cast preparing for the big day.

Do you have a question specifically for Giada or Aarón? Whether it’s about the way they set their table or a tip for the perfect gravy, we’ll handpick a selection of your questions and ask them live during the pre-show. Leave your question in the comment section below, or submit it via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive.

Don’t forget: You can still submit a question for Alton and Bobby, too.

Tickets on Sale for the 2014 New York City Wine & Food Festival

Tickets are on sale for the 2014 New York City Wine & Food Festival, an annual celebration of all things dining in New York City. For four days ex...

1. Lorraine Williams says:

Question for Aaron…. Huge fan…Chopped junkie…I always brine a turkey…and deep fry a turkey…can you share your favorite turkey rub recipe and a delicous brine recipe. How can I get a autographed photo of the Chopped gang for my mother…83 years old…and watches the show religously. She admires how you represent our Hispanic culture and so do I.
    Hope you pick my question.
    Lorraine

2. Gloria Roman says:

This is a question for Aaron: when I was young, my mother used to make a stuffing with tortillas. That was my favorite part of our Thanksgiving dinner. She would take tortillas out of the package and tear them into small pieces. My mother past away when I was 16, so I have no idea how she made it. All I remember is that she would make us cut up celery, onions, the tortillas, cooked gizzards, and the gizzard broth. I can't remember what else she might of put in. Any suggestions?

3. Aubrey Bridge says:

I am always on the search for a great dish that travels well. I feel like all of the recipes out there that are supposed to be ok for travel are usually pretty boring. I like to bring some fun and flavor from my kitchen, not just green beans from a can. Any ideas for something that will wow my hosts but not get funky on the way?

4. kelly says:

I am getting married the day after Thanksgiving and my family is planning a very low key dinner the night before. What are some traditional Thanksgiving dishes that we can make about two weeks in advance?

5. Susan says:

Lose Giada. She is difficult to watch with her repeated comments of "perfect", "that's it" and "how is it guys?" Her recipes are as unappealing as her big beak and too many teeth smile.

Aaron on the other hand is a culinary pleasure to view and listen.

Thank you.

6. mary b says:

Two questions on turkey. How long should cooke slices or the turkey or a leg be stored in the refrigerator? If after the second or third day in the refrigerator, I make a casserole or another dish using the sliced turkey, how long can I store that new dish in the refrigerator?

7. Paul Kirst says:

Hi Alton – love your Thanksgiving specials. We have a rather bizarre question for you. On Thanksgiving Day, we are up at the crack of dawn to begin our baking and cooking. We normally don't start drinking before noon, but there is something about the holidays. Any suggestions for a holiday themed libation that won't leave us too toasted to finish our holiday meal preparation.

8. Wendy Corcoran says:

My husband and I enjoy cooking together, but we battle when we try to bake together. He insists that with baking all measurements have to be precise, and I say just get it close. Any thoughts?

PS You are his favorite host. If you agree with me and not him, please respond privately and do not post this on your show.

9. Wendy Corcoran says:

Hi Alton – I need some recommendations for my cranberry dish for our Thanksgiving table. My husband prefers the canned whole cranberry, my son prefers the canned jellied cranberry, and my mother prefers the homemade chutney with walnuts. Do I serve all three to please everyone or can I make a different dish that they will equally like? Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.

10. Kiki says:

To brine or not to brine the turkey? Pros/cons of each?