- Comments (2)
Think beyond the typical breakfast waffle and try to incorporate sweet and savory flavors to take waffles beyond breakfast and into lunch and dinner. We’ve rounded up Food Network’s top five waffle recipes, each light, crispy and a cinch to prepare.
5. Pumpkin Waffles With Maple Walnut Apples – For a true taste of fall, top homemade pumpkin waffles with a warm, maple-apple-walnut topping.
4. Gingerbread Waffles – Craving the classic gingerbread aromatic scent that often accompanies with the holidays? Rachael’s easy recipe will have these waffles on the table in less than 30 minutes.
3. Pancetta and Cinnamon Waffles – Giada takes the idea of waffles with a side of bacon and turns it into an all-in-one breakfast treat, waffles with Italian bacon — pancetta — right in them.
2. Cornmeal Waffles With Spicy Chili – Sure, you’ve probably had chili on top of hot dogs or French fries, but how about waffles? A savory cornmeal waffle is the perfect bed for Paula’s spicy chili.
1. Alton’s Basic Waffle – Whether it’s a weekend, holiday or leisurely morning, indulge with these simple buttermilk waffles. Add bacon, sausage or another family favorite to this blank canvas for rave reviews.
Watch Alton make his Basic Waffle recipe in this video: