Have a Question for Alton or Bobby About Thanksgiving?

by in Events, Food Network Chef, October 16th, 2012

alton brown and bobby flay thanksgiving live
Last week FN Dish announced the return of Thanksgiving Live!, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m., featuring Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond.

Before the live show starts at noon, Food Network will serve up a three-hour Thanksgiving Live webcast at FoodNetwork.com. Beginning at 11:30am ET, the site will stream a pre-show featuring celebrity chef interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of Alton and the cast preparing for the big day.

Do you have a question specifically for Alton or Bobby? Whether it’s about a technique they use at home or a tip for the perfect gravy, we’ll handpick a selection of your questions and ask them live during the pre-show. Leave your question in the comment section below, or submit it via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive.

Spring Break in Miami: Tickets on Sale Now for the 2015 South Beach Wine & Food Festival

Though the chill of fall air might be welcome relief now after a stifling summer, come February you’ll have likely turned a cold shoulder to th...

1. Blake says:

How long should I brine an 18 lbs. turkey? Some recipes say overnight and others say for 2 or three days!

I am also interested in deconstructing the turkey before cooking it. Cook the breast separately from the leg/thigh pieces. The thought is to shorten the cooking time and not overcook one part and undercook another part. Any suggestions?

2. Aimee says:

I have to cook two turkeys and only have one oven if I cook one on Wednesday what is the best way to reheat it Thursday

3. cogatorgirl says:

I like to prepare ahead of time as much as possible, but the 20-30 minutes the turkey is resting is not always enough time to get everything heated up for the meal. How can I keep all the food warm so the entire meai is ready at the same time? (The meal for me this year involves mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, slow cooked green beans, sauteed carrots and roasted brussel sprouts.)

4. Tami says:

Hi Bobby. My brother–in-law is in charge of the turkey every year. This thanksgiving he wants to smoke a turkey breast. What is the best way? What kind of rub if any? Brine or not to brine prior to smoking? What wood? Any thoughts? Happy holidays to you and all of the Food Network!

5. Joshua says:

Love the Food Network. Its on my TV every single day. Don't really have a question, just wanted to say good work to everyone at the network. Hope you have a fabulous holiday.

6. Should I salt the turkey AFTER I roast it? It seems that salting it beforehand would make it dry out.

7. Mary Clare says:

Hello everyone and happy Thanksgiving! I'm going to be cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my mother-in-laws house. We're not arriving until late Wednesday night. Can or should I salt or brine the turkey at this point? If so, which one would you recommend?

8. pegvelsul says:

Happy Thanksgiving!! We are planning on making Alton's famed brined turkey but I am wondering about using those dripping for gravy (and I want to do as much ahead of time) I read the brined turkey drippings can be super salty– Any suggestions for a make-ahead turkey gravy recipe? I am starting with the turkey wing method…

9. Rob says:

I need your help with carving. I've seen different ways which vary from how my mother carved the turkey. Should I remove the entire breats from the carcass and then slice? Help!

10. Melanie Iezzi says:

My husband and I are not dark meat eaters but I have a whole turkey for just the two of us this year. I have dozens of recipes for leftover white meat. Do you have any ideas for the dark meat that we may even like. I hate to waste anything.