Have a Question for Alton or Bobby About Thanksgiving?

by in Events, Food Network Chef, October 16th, 2012

alton brown and bobby flay thanksgiving live
Last week FN Dish announced the return of Thanksgiving Live!, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m., featuring Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Aarón Sanchez, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson and Ree Drummond.

Before the live show starts at noon, Food Network will serve up a three-hour Thanksgiving Live webcast at FoodNetwork.com. Beginning at 11:30am ET, the site will stream a pre-show featuring celebrity chef interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of Alton and the cast preparing for the big day.

Do you have a question specifically for Alton or Bobby? Whether it’s about a technique they use at home or a tip for the perfect gravy, we’ll handpick a selection of your questions and ask them live during the pre-show. Leave your question in the comment section below, or submit it via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive.

10 Top Highlights from Food Network in Concert

From morning until night, your favorite Food Network chefs and musical all-stars came together at Food Network in Concert on Saturday for a celebrat...

1. Morressa Morgan says:

To Bobby: "ARE YOU READY FOR A THROW DOWN???? / Mr. BOY MEETS GRILL?" I'm a Food Network FAN!!!! My question is: "How can I get a supper moist turkey without soaking it over night in Kosher salt, sugar, and so on. I love a juicy moist turkey.

2. Cheryl Wolder says:

I know Alton thinks stuffing is evil, but I'm wondering – is it dangerous to roast turkey breasts over some of the stuffing? What would that do to the cooking time? Would the stuffing burn? Would it work or kill you? Just trying to think of a way to make the most of only having one oven. The logistics of getting everything cooked or reheated are challenging!Thanks for doing this special!

3. Betsy W. says:

My question is for Alton Brown. I love the holidays and baking. One of my favorite things is pumpkin pie. Unfortunately my fiancee is allergic to cinnamon. She's tried pumpkin pie with cinnamon substitutes, but she says they don't taste the same. What can I do to make her cinnamon free pumpkin pie and holiday treats that taste like the real thing?

4. Tina says:

Dear Alton,
    I'm excited to cook my first turkey this year and will be following your Good Eats brine recipe for an 18 lb turkey. My question is…after brining and patting the bird dry, can I rub the turkey with butter, garlic and herbs or do I have to rub it lightly with Canola oil instead? Are there any ill effects to doing this since I've already brined the turkey?

Also, is there a maximum time that one should not brine beyond?

Thank you so much!
    Tina

5. Pamela says:

After 30 years of preparing Thanksgiving dinners, I am wondering about preparing the turkey ahead of time so I can go play with everyone else till dinner time. I would like to cook the turkey ahead of time and cool and slice it. How you would handle the cooling and storing as well as the reheating to insure that the meat is both savory and safe? Thanks in advance and love your shows.

6. Kay Coles says:

This is for Bobby – this year we are going to smoke a fresh turkey breast on our Big Green Egg. It's about 7.25 lbs. Do you recommend we brine it first? Is there a wood for smoking (apple, hickory, etc) that you'd suggest? About how long and at what temp should we have it on the grill?? Any other suggestions for a juicy, succulent turkey breast??
    Thanks! Love ALL your shows!!

7. Morrison Family says:

This question is for anyone
    While watching last year’s Thanksgiving Live my son’s and I notice quite a bit of alcohol consumption. We were curious as to whether it was a safe practice to combine sharp implements, extreme heat and alcohol or is that just for professionals such as yourselves.

8. Nadine Buell says:

Bobby,
    Knowing you like to shake things up… what would you say is the most outrageous and tasteful thing you have made for Thanksgiving? Yes…. I am looking for ideas.

9. Diana Simmons says:

TO STUFF…OR NOT TO STUFF (A turkey)….THAT IS THE QUESTION!?!

10. bluepoint1998 says:

Hi everyone,

My mother in law typically serves a very "beige" Thanksgiving. Is there a vegetable dish that I could make ahead re-heat before dinner (FYI, brussel sprouts will get me kicked out of the house)??

Thanks!