Have a Question for Alex or Sunny About Thanksgiving?

by in Events, October 30th, 2012

Alex and Sunny Thanksgiving LiveLast week FN Dish readers had the chance to submit a question to Giada and Aarón for Thanksgiving Live!, a two-hour call-in show hosted by turkey master Alton Brown on Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. This week, it’s all about Alex Guarnaschelli and Sunny Anderson.

Before the live show starts at noon, Food Network will serve up a three-hour Thanksgiving Live webcast at FoodNetwork.com. Beginning at 11:30am ET, the site will stream a pre-show featuring celebrity chef interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of Alton and the cast preparing for the big day.

Do you have a question specifically for Alex or Sunny? Whether it’s about the way they set their table or a tip for the perfect stuffing, we’ll handpick a selection of your questions and ask them live during the pre-show. Leave your question in the comment section below, or submit it via Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag: #ThanksgivingLive.

Don’t forget: You can still submit a question for Alton and Bobby, too.

What’s Your Java IQ?

If coffee a morning must for you, it’s time to shake up your everyday routine. Indulge in a fancy coffee drink — homemade pumpkin spice latt...

1. Natalie says:

My family always has the same appetizer while the big Thanksgiving meal is prepared: shrimp and cocktail sauce, cheeseball and crackers, and a veggie tray. Can you give me a new and exciting recipe for a light pre-Thanksgiving appetizer?

2. JLZ50 says:

Hi Ladies! Could you share the proper method to hard boil eggs for deviled eggs, in order that the eggshells slip off easily, and the egg white is left smooth and intact? I have yet to find a tried and true method. Thanks!

• Kim says:

After cooking, take the eggs right from the pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Tap and crack the shell a few times and then peel under running water and the shells with come off very easily leaving a nice smooth ovum, plus the cool water also keeps the yolks a nice bright yellow with no greenish tinge.

• Eggs says:

I picked up a tip from RR. She suggested boiling the water without the eggs in the pan. Then let the uncooked eggs sit in the boiled water for about ten minutes. Drain the water and replace with cold water to stop the eggs from cooking. I've tried this a couple times, the shells peeled off nicer and I didn't have that green halo around the yolk (knock on wood).

3. Rabbi says:

I have never been able to cook a large turkey that came out juicy and flavorful. I tried using the brown paper bag one year and came close. I used to use the old blue enamel dome pot I inherited from my mom, but I am moving more towards a coverless pot.

4. Niko Czar says:

Dear Chef Alex AND Ms. Sunny,
    Why do I love Thanksgiving? BRUSSEL SPROUTS! I normally blanch them and then saute' with bacon and onions. Although I love this method, do either of you have an alternate way of preparing them? Thank you, you beautiful girls!!

5. BrokerChef says:

Dear Chef Alex, respectfully request your advice about brining turkey. I'm sold on brining a turkey for the moist, flavorful results, but question whether buying 'brined fresh turkey', brining myself, or trying the marinade injection method. What is your opinion regarding brined vs. injected marinade for a moist flavorful holiday bird? Best regards, Michele

6. Yvonne Bean says:

Dear Alex or Sunny,

What is the secret to making a good Giblet Gravy?

7. Crista says:

Dear Almighty Chef Alex and the ever Cheerful Chef Sunny (obviously a big fan of both),

What do you see as one of the most common mistakes a person makes when preparing Thanksgiving dinner, and how can one avoid it? Whether it be something to do with planning or organization, or a blunder often made in making a well known harvest dish.

Thanks,

Crista from Maryland

8. fisheggs1 says:

Hi Alex – I want to comment that I think you have mellowed considerable! I used to think you were so hard on the cooks on Chopped! You also smile more and now I enjoy watching you! I would also like to ask a personal question – I think I heard you say something about a daughter on a commercial spot – do you have a little girl? It's nice to know some personal things about the cooks/judges! Finally – what foods will be on YOUR dinner table? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving from a fan in Peoria, AZ!

9. Patti Schulz says:

How do you make those dinner rolls like you get at fabulous restaurants….besides just buying them from those exact restaurants. I'm tired of the sad little ones that come from the grocery store. What is the secret?

10. hestermagpie says:

I don't like alex and don't think she can cook and she shouldn't be trying out AGAIN for iron chef and she shouldnt be zakarians sous chef, don't like him either.. pompus spoiled self centered brat..
    but I so like sunny so here is my question.. I cook turnip greens with a little oil and garlic then add water and cook for about 10 minutes. mine are a little crunchy which I like but I'd like to add something to them, what do you suggest.

• John Miller says:

Jeez, you're a douche bag. Here is what you do with your turnip greens, shove them up your ass, that should add a nice jiz flavor.