The Great Food Truck Race Caption It: Fit of Finale Laughter

by in Shows, September 28th, 2012

The Great Food Truck Race
This weekend marks the end of the race for the two remaining Food Truck teams. Come Sunday night, either Nonna’s Kitchenette or Seoul Sausage will drive away with a win and the keys to start their dream food truck business. But before one of them can claim road trip glory, they must survive what Tyler has called “a multi-city race to the finish” — a high-stress weekend unlike any they’ve experienced before.

In this sneak-peek shot from Sunday’s episode, both Nonna’s and Seoul seem to be taking the challenges of the finale in stride, laughing off any worries about the future and the looming last elimination. Are the teams finding the finale to be easier than expected, or are they simply slaphappy after seven long weeks on the road?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to find out which team wins the race, we’re challenging you, Food Truck fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this LOL-worthy moment in the comments below.

Restaurant Revisited: The Fork in the Road at The Fork Diner

Even from Robert Irvine‘s first steps inside The Fork Diner in Calhoun, Ga., it was clear that this mission was going to be like none other. Alt...

1. tom@mymobilemunchies.com says:

Bobaloo showed up in a sailors outfit to announce the next challenge: floating food trucks …. and the next secret ingredient : Waffles

2. suze says:

WE'VE BEEN PUNKED !!! (ASHTON KUTCHER IS WALKING OUT)

3. zeke says:

Nonna’s won, and I’m not saying this because I want them to win, but the fact that their site shows their truck with a kid holding a sign that says “We love Nonna’s” gives it away. I wanted Seoul to win, they’re much more likeable.

4. Gene says:

Both teams are working hard and have a good chance at winning.
    Jaclyn, however could use some work on TV presentation. I find it hard to watch Jaclyn from Nona's kitchen on TV. Every time she's on camera, her nose are flaring and she's staring down at the camera. And she sounds so combative. There's a fine line between having a competitive spirit and being combative. You don't want to turn your audience off on TV. The other 2 are OK though, Jessica and Lisa.

• Corey says:

It was one of the hardest things to watch during the whole season. Piercing eyes, flaring nostrils…everything she said just sounded like, "I'm from Jersey, fool…want some??" Stereotype-city…but it fit so well.

5. Joan says:

I'm watching this now and I have to say, they are really making it seem like Nonna's is gonna win…WHICH probably will happen. I came from watching HGTV to Foodnetwork and if this thing is rigged, that's it for me with all Scripps Network channels. It's what happens when any one group of people get a monopoly on a market. In this case, it's the Lifestyle TV channels. I'm sick of it. I'm about to BOYCOTT them all. And I don't care what anyone thinks since apparently, everything is for sale, including some integrity in a competition.
    Bye Scripps. Won't miss ya. Been burned one too many times.

6. FoodLover says:

The award of 3 hours and $500 is way to much of an advantage. I say just stop the stupid advantages and let the trucks compete on an equal ground.

• Corey says:

In a finale of this magnitude, that advantage should've ended the challenge. It just goes to show how much better Seoul Sausage was than Nonna's.

7. Sissy says:

I don't think they have to be so rotten, in any of the cooking type shows , to the runner ups.
    Give them what they need to do, but you don't have to make a mess of stuff and toss it down for them.
    I don't want Nonna's to win they are just using the giggles and tight shirts to win.
    One other thing, I am very surprised that the health inspectors haven't said anything to the girls
    about wearing a hair net or caps. That long hair for cooks is a BIG No, No!!!!!!!!
    Good luck Seoul's ,all you have going for you is your great personalitys and cooking….

8. Corey says:

Everyone in the final day had to sell at $2 max. In Portland, SS did raise their prices, but every truck was doing that (up or down) depending on the market. I don't know for sure, but I believe Nonna's upped the price of the Meatballs in Portland — I saw it at $9, and I don't remember it being that high throughout the season.

9. MoHub says:

Some posters on this board don't seem to understand what "caption the photo" means. Please learn to read instructions before you act.

10. Mini Maxx says:

Speaking of food truck, I've been thinking that it's a good idea for business.