Robert Irvine Takes on His Next Challenge: ChefVille

by in Food Network Chef, September 19th, 2012

robert irvine chefville
Fans of the popular social game ChefVille and Robert Irvine fanatics can rejoice — the two are coming together on a culinary adventure as they tackle a series of tasty to-dos.

Beginning today, Robert will face his biggest challenge yet as he helps ChefVille players enhance the in-game establishments they have designed by mastering dishes from around the world, while improving their restaurants.

Throughout the next two weeks, ChefVille players can go on a series of quests cooked up by Robert — everything from ingredient cultivation and specialization, dish mastery and customer service — without the actual growing pains of owning a real restaurant. Similar to his role on Restaurant: Impossible, Robert will guide ChefVille players along the way, providing tips and tricks — and a little tough love when necessary.

Robert Irvine ChefVille quests include:

Gather your garden: Players are challenged to tend to their gardens, growing mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and other produce.

Spice it up: Players learn the value of a spoonful of sugar and a pinch of salt, using spices to amp up the flavor of their dishes, including burgers, Philly cheesesteaks and bruschetta.

Call on your neighbors: Draw inspiration from friends by visiting their restaurants to not only borrow ideas for your own restaurant design, but also access ingredients you might not have, such as cucumbers.

The VIP treatment: Players can serve up VIP Service by serving friends dishes, sending them flowers and bringing in outside entertainment like musicians.

Here’s how to play: Special in-game quests begin today and will be available for two weeks. To play for free, visit Facebook.com/ChefVille and click on “Play Game.”

Mr. Brown to the Rescue: Alton Answers Fans’ Holiday Cooking Q&As

Hear from Alton as he answers fans' questions on holiday party prep, and get his tried-and-true recipes you can count on....

1. Shenequa says:

Mr Irvine im a 25 yr old female currently attending star career academy an culinary school downtown in nyc and this is my first time i have no experience in the industry i graduate january 20013 my question is what do you feel is best for me to get my foot in the door as far as people hiring me even though im a rookie?
    [polldaddy 6546659 http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/6546659/ polldaddy]

2. Jessica says:

Chef,
    Love your show! I too would love to be able to volunteer, behind the scenes at a Restaurant Impossible. How can we, your fans, do that?
    Congrats on your nuptials! You two are so cute!

Jessica

3. gypsydar says:

Hello Chef…How would you suggest that an employee deal with an over micro-managing boss in the restaurant business…I have been a server for 35 years and the new owners where I work micro-manage every little detail…makes me feel like a little kid sometimes….it is very frustrating. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• texaschickeee says:

two thoughts, either run to them with every little thing to annoy them or find another place. Waiters that are good are in HIGH demand. (trust me.)

4. Fred says:

I think you should use your cartoon Robert in commercials and mabe build a show kinda like family guy or simpsons about doing eateries and dinners?

5. john a smith says:

CHEF IRVINE, im a chef as well and would love to become part of you dinner impossible crew
    I

CHEF IRVINE, my name is JOHN SMITH and im a great fan of your i enjoy all your show and would like to
    know if possible to become part of your dinner impossible crew. Im a chef as well and i want to know more and more.
    sincerely
    John A. Smith

6. Roxie says:

My husband and I enjoy your shows. We cheered you on during all star Chopped… the same the following year with "The Next Iron Chef".
    We appreciate all you do for the restaurants and communities.
    Congratulations on your marriage, and thank you for the peek into your personal lives with the wedding special you both shared.

7. john a smith says:

im a multitasking machine in the kitchen and strive for excellence at all costs. this has been my life for many year and it would be an honor to work for a great chef such as yourself.

8. FedUp says:

Aggravates me that the game is on Facebook. I don't do facebook, never have and won't in the future. I resent that in order to play this game that's what I have to do. As much as I would like to see it I won't join the ignorant masses on that site for any reason. I didn't join it for the voting for NFNS, nor will I do it for Robert Irvine. I will watch his shows on FN, but they can count me out otherwise.

• Jjj says:

The game isn't even actually Robert Irvine's… He's doing a guest quest-line for Chefville, which is a Zynga game that is a company that pretty much only has their games on Facebook. Try and see if you can play it through Zynga.com without a Facebook account if it is that big of a deal to you.

• Sharon says:

Just because you don't like facebook. that doesn't mean you should be so rude about others.

• Unknown says:

Lol it's a shit game facebook has done you a favor.

• Knowledge says:

I always get a kick out of these people that say they won't join Facebook because of other people that use it. "I won't join the ignorant masses on that site for any reason." You do realize that if you don't add anyone as a friend or like any pages, you won't see any of those "ignorant masses", right? Pot. Kettle.

• carol says:

Then you need to find another game to play….simple as that..

9. DOROTHY says:

HI CHEF IF YOU MADE A MISTAKE AND ADDED TO MUCH SPICE HOW DO YOU CORRECT IT

10. Nina Aura says:

I was shocked to see a familiar figure asking for quests!!!!!!! I loved the show and I like your honesty while transforming the restaurants into a real business. I loved Chefville: it is my Favorite, but I don't care about the spices why don't you give us real food: an exquisite ingredient that chefville didn't offer????!!!!!!!