Restaurant Revisited: Michele’s

by in Shows, September 19th, 2012

Restaurant: Impossible
In Corry, Pa., Michele Sventek needed Robert Irvine’s help to give her restaurant, Michele’s, a new look and better food. Perhaps more importantly, she needed Robert to teach her the basics of running a restaurant since she had no experience in the culinary industry. In just two days, Robert gave Michele’s a much-needed overhaul and taught Michele how to best manage her staff and maintain food quality. We checked in with Michele to see how her restaurant is doing a few months after its Restaurant: Impossible renovation.

Michele says that compared to last year, sales have increased “about 40 percent.” Robert wanted Michele’s to achieve $12,500 per month in sales, and Michele is happy to report that she “can see it happening as we progress.”

The new decor at Michele’s has been well received by customers. “Everyone likes the brightness of it, especially the wall between the dining area and the bar, the fireplace (people are excited for winter to see it working) and the mirrors,” Michele explains.

The servers, too, are excited about the changes at Michele’s and “are loving the extra business,” Michele tells us. She says that she is “scheduling more staff” in order to match the demand at the restaurant.

Michele’s menu now features a mix of the most-popular plates from its original menu and the best-selling items from Robert’s menu, and diners are loving the made-over list of selections. Michele’s favorite dishes include the salmon, hamburger and French fries. Jessie is no longer a chef at the restaurant, but Michele says that she has hired a new full-time chef, one with 16 years of experience and who “is excited to introduce new” dishes to the menu.

Michele tells us that her husband, Andy, “is more positive and more focused on us.” Looking ahead, she says that she hopes to be out of debt by the end of the year.

More From Restaurant Revisited:

Paliani’s Restaurant (September 12)
Frankie’s (September 5)
Gusanoz (August 29)
Stella’s (August 8)
Italian Village (August 1)
Zandi’s (July 25)
The Main Dish (July 18)
Longbranch Steak and Seafood (July 11)
Horton’s Kids (June 13)
Pollard’s (May 30)
University Grill (May 23)
Ristorante Barolo (May 16)
Pappas (May 9)
Mama Lee’s (May 2)
Pelican Grill (April 25)
Valley View (March 14)

What to Watch: It’s One Big Party This Weekend on Food Network

Tune into Food Network for a weekend of fun as the chefs gear up for a variety of food-filled parties and competition shows....

1. dedlppee says:

my life is a pursuit,abercrombie france, want to become the world’s most respected experts in china.Since I was 22 years old began to study Chinese and market, for many years, I convey dynamic global new to Chinese organizations, and recommend the latest Chinese economic development to foreign investors, it can help Chinese enterprises internationalization, also can help people learn more Chinese institutions in the world. today after 18 years, China has become the world’s third largest economy, in the near future, China will become the second largest economy, now China is already the world’s largest exporter, in Asia, China is the world’s largest trading partner, and China has become the United States of America reserve creditor, the largest reached 2.4 trillion, these amazing data have proved that China can not be mentioned in the same breath’s position in the world economy.More and more foreigners to China, pay close attention to China’s development, and foreign investors in my contact process, they of the Chinese market to amaze me,hollister france. I 70% year time in overseas, contact with tens of thousands of investors, institutions, and, pension, my task is to promote the exchange of both China and the west. you know,hollister outlet, this year the first quarter of 2010, China’s total GDP very fast growth rate reached 11,beats by dre.9%, growth once again dominating the global economic system.Now China every act and every move has been hitherto unknown attention. I would like to briefly talk about my views on China, now the global investors are in dire need of understanding what is happening in China is very deep change, there are several aspects of this profound change. is the first of the whole macro economy is slowly turning from loose policy stance.Second points in the market,hollister france, the government strong support from the real estate last year policy, now turn to the bubble phenomenon control of the real estate industry and speculation.Third countries now in promoting investment, from the national investment to private consumption. in the aspects of the first is the government’s policy, the policy to neutral from loose policy, the main purpose is to control the pressure of inflation,hollister france, the deterioration of credit growth to avoid the asset quality of the phenomenon, but also to avoid excess capacity and repetitive investment,abercrombie. in the real estate market, this is all very concerned, real estate is one of China’s most important economic elements, real estate can not only to create jobs, increase the demand for goods, and local government revenue is from the sale of land.In addition to the middle class, is a carrier of many middle-class Chinese wealth accumulation,abercrombie paris, we recently saw the central government promulgated a series of policies to regulate and control the real estate market, the short term may have some effect on the market, but in the long-term it is very conducive to the healthy development of the market.Finally, we feel that the government is now pushing personal consumption, in the near future, China’s personal consumption may become the driving force of economic growth is one of the largest,hollister.So overall, the government’s most important goal this year is to strive to maintain rapid economic growth,hollister online shop, but also to control asset price and inflation, so, for growth and inflation control balance. I think in the economic crisis, China’s policy response is very timely, quickly and effectively, at the beginning of last year, we successfully predicted China’s economy to achieve 8% growth rate, but also lead the recovery in the global economy as a whole. is now China in the post-crisis period, many problems still exist, but the difficult and complex problems still,air jordan pas cher.But we believe, because China has a very strong financial strength,franklin marshall, but also has very strong government power.I think these two points can enable China to find a deal with a series of new challenges to the leading position, but also can keep the global economic growth.Related articles: home appliances the theme of scientific development “circles there were many discussions. rom the results, this year we will continue to implement the moderately loose monetary policy, small pumping station, improving the agricultural comprehensive production capacity as condensed effective platform for all forces and mobilize the enthusiasm.

2. paomozide says:

at the beginning of spring,hollister, all things recovery,hollister, to ensure that our flag in 2012 1000 acres of Corn Mulched demonstration zone project smooth implementation,abercrombie france, technical personnel’s agricultural and animal husbandry secretary and flag agricultural technology promotion center, according to the actual situation of our flag,air jordan, early implementation of demonstration project area,moncler, 1000 acres of corn mulched demonstration zone in Kulun Town animal husbandry Xiga implement a check the 500 acre and AO Lun gacha,burberry.The project area mainly adopts the integrated promotion "add four change&quot,franklin marshall; technology: increasing density,air jordan, by its variety,hollister, change the extensive fertilization to formula fertilization,abercrombie, artificial planting to uniform ridge cultivation for size for mechanization,air jordan pas cher, planting of ridge,hollister france.The project is expected to total investment up to 718000 yuan. Related articles: at present agricultural machinery according to the &quot Niu Youcheng said in his speech, the bottom line is that the ecological conservation area, only to protect the ecological, elements can be agglomeration industry development.Conservation area policy, by planning, philosophy; development in mountain area, rely on the system, by industry, rely on reform.

3. Joseph says:

this is the restaurant that I would always wanted to be done. I just wished that things will become clearer then because of then. Thanks a lot for what you've done.
    Thanks,
    how to clean a car interior

4. Lynn says:

Why do noe of the comments here relate to the resturant Michelle's? I clicked on to see the reults of the resturants after the resturant was featured on the show and nothing here tells me that. What a waste

• Mike says:

Right, hate when you just see gossip about the show and not real experiences about eating at the place.

• Me Here says:

I agree. I got to this point, wanting to read about Michele's. Actually, I want to tell Mrs. Michele (I KNOW that is not her name) to DUMP Mr. Michele. I hope this gets back to Mrs. Michele. EVEN after Robert "tried" to show him that he was being a pig, every comment after that was "me", "me", "me" and "I", "I", "I". Even when the new restaurant was presented to them, he never once turned to her. She turned to him and touched and hugged HIM. HE was the one who got THEM (NO, HER) into this mess…suggestion that they buy a restaurant when he thought her cooking stunk…then dumping it into her lap. He trotted off to his construction job then returned to whine about what she was doing.

5. drlife says:

June 5, 2013. Just saw Michele's and checked yelp. They are not listed there so I wonder if they are really still open.

• Dennis says:

checked yahoo local and they listed Micheles. A comment said the chef never came back after the show and that Michele was cooking but doing OK.

6. REALLY........ says:

How can anyone try to go into a buisness,not having a clue about how to do anything? And then they can,t figure out why they are lossing there ass,wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. IcksPigeon says:

I just saw this episode and I almost cried when they painted the knotty pine paneling. Don't they know what a bad thing that is??? That is a crime to wood! And the wall paper, I can't say enough bad things about it. They should have changed the lighting to brighten it up. Knotty Pine lovers of the world, unite! And then, they covered up the beautiful stone fireplace!!!!! Oh, Tanya, you broke my heart on this one. You are my favorite decorator in this show, but you really disappointed me here.

8. rtw915 says:

I am convinced that Tanya Nayak has exactly ONE design concept: sleek modern with "bright" colors and geometric shapes and patterns…regardless of whether that design suits the building or the concept of the restaurant. What she created for Michele's looks NOTHING like a steakhouse. Nothing at all. (P.S. How will this restaurant make it when the goal is to make $12,500 in revenue each month? That's only $150,000 per year to pay wages, buy food, pay utilities, pay down the taxes, etc. Maybe he meant $12,500 in profit but stil…)

• peggy says:

My reaction to this makeover was "if I were the owner, I'd be appalled". Painting over natural wood and the ugliest wallpaper in the world. All their paper looks like it came from the discontinued remnant table.

9. mike cesare says:

Robert you and your crew are the very best at what you do. I love watching your show. I am addicted. Tom and your designers are top notch and I commend you and your staff on how you turn these places around to make them more productive.. God Bless You and Thank You for all you do for all these restaurants. Being retired US Navy, I also hope one day to meet you in person when you are in the area. I admire and respect you and your crew very much.. Keep up the good work and thanks again..

Respectfully,
    Michael C.
    Ford City, Pa

10. J Wilson says:

Over the week of the 4th of July, we made a visit to Erie, PA to see relatives and made it a point to drive to this restaurant to give it a try. Oh, how heartbreaking it was to see that the place was somewhat rundown again. After all the hard work that Robert and his crew did, it made us feel bad that it isn't doing better. I ordered the chicken and biscuits – it was bland and disappointing. There was a bad mix of pictures hung on the walls – I think they were added after Robert and his crew left. The bathroom was not kept clean. I don't understand how someone can allow this all to happen after getting such fantastic help.