Restaurant Revisited: Michele’s

by in Shows, September 19th, 2012

Restaurant: Impossible
In Corry, Pa., Michele Sventek needed Robert Irvine’s help to give her restaurant, Michele’s, a new look and better food. Perhaps more importantly, she needed Robert to teach her the basics of running a restaurant since she had no experience in the culinary industry. In just two days, Robert gave Michele’s a much-needed overhaul and taught Michele how to best manage her staff and maintain food quality. We checked in with Michele to see how her restaurant is doing a few months after its Restaurant: Impossible renovation.

Michele says that compared to last year, sales have increased “about 40 percent.” Robert wanted Michele’s to achieve $12,500 per month in sales, and Michele is happy to report that she “can see it happening as we progress.”

The new decor at Michele’s has been well received by customers. “Everyone likes the brightness of it, especially the wall between the dining area and the bar, the fireplace (people are excited for winter to see it working) and the mirrors,” Michele explains.

The servers, too, are excited about the changes at Michele’s and “are loving the extra business,” Michele tells us. She says that she is “scheduling more staff” in order to match the demand at the restaurant.

Michele’s menu now features a mix of the most-popular plates from its original menu and the best-selling items from Robert’s menu, and diners are loving the made-over list of selections. Michele’s favorite dishes include the salmon, hamburger and French fries. Jessie is no longer a chef at the restaurant, but Michele says that she has hired a new full-time chef, one with 16 years of experience and who “is excited to introduce new” dishes to the menu.

Michele tells us that her husband, Andy, “is more positive and more focused on us.” Looking ahead, she says that she hopes to be out of debt by the end of the year.

More From Restaurant Revisited:

Paliani’s Restaurant (September 12)
Frankie’s (September 5)
Gusanoz (August 29)
Stella’s (August 8)
Italian Village (August 1)
Zandi’s (July 25)
The Main Dish (July 18)
Longbranch Steak and Seafood (July 11)
Horton’s Kids (June 13)
Pollard’s (May 30)
University Grill (May 23)
Ristorante Barolo (May 16)
Pappas (May 9)
Mama Lee’s (May 2)
Pelican Grill (April 25)
Valley View (March 14)

Take Your Breakfast Out to Dinner for a Rich Risotto

Chopped, with its unconventionally combined ingredients, is all about the chefs’ creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. And this Chopped Dinner...

1. Julie - Florida, says:

They did a one hour special showing how the met, the planning of the wedding and the wedding itself. It was very good. If you can watch it on line you should.
    Maybe they will do the same thing for the honeymoon.

2. Herbinator says:

Ellen, Thanks for thinking of me. Though I do prefer short women, I'm not really into Asians because I have work-related trust issues with them. It's great that you think Gail Kim is hot, though. I've found some great nude/topless images of Gail Kim on the internet if you're into that. Enjoy!

3. Herbinator says:

Ellen, I feel a sudden warm, bonding kinship with you ;) You seem like the sensitive type. Occasionally offending someone is healthy; just look at how Robert kicks everyone into gear by yelling, clapping his hands loudly to make people move faster, verbally shaming the cooks, demanding people stand at attention by yelling, "STAFF!…" from clear across the room, etc.

Although I enjoy feeling warm and fuzzy now that we've bonded, am I'm sure to offend you if I say that your infatuation of Robert's loud and opinionated nature, while demonizing mine, is somewhat of a character inconsistency on your part?

If you feel my observation is an insult, please explain why; instead of considering me as being obnoxious. I'm really not trying to be.

4. ROY DRAGE says:

How stupid is it that a half dozen female waiters work at Michele's restaurant, but that entire huge resource has not been tapped? If business is slow, it should be a no-brainer that those waitresses without tables should be encouraged to jump up and down at the side of the road in bikinis, waiving pom-poms and signs to cheer customers into the parking lot! What are they thinking to not tap into this obvious resource to wrangle in more customers?

5. ROY DRAGE says:

Julie, you live in Florida? So why even 'speculate' on this topic?

• Julie - Florida, says:

What does where I live have to do with anything. I didn't know you had to live in Corry, Pa to ask question. I am not speculating, I am asking a question!
      A comment from "Corry Towner" said Micheles was closing and another comment from a customer said they went there on a Sunday afternoon and the restaurant was closed.
      The people who come to this blog want to know what is happening with the restaurants long term, success of failure, we are interested. I also grew up in Pa so I'm not that far away.

• TAB says:

Hey Roy, Are you Andys brother. Temper, Temper and more TEMPER ……

6. ROY DRAGE says:

When did Robert Irvine get divorced?
    Answer:
    No date of Robert Irvine's divorce from his wife, Karen, can be found. He married Gail Kim on May 10, 2012,

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_did_Robert_Irvine_

• Julie - Florida, says:

Robert Irvine is from England, maybe he was married and divorced over there.
      Again, what does this have to do with anything.
      It has nothing to do with the makeovers.

7. beachinfrizzy says:

Haven't you ever heard the expression, "never trust a skinny chef"? : )

8. Julie - Florida, says:

True, I get your point. I have to admit I am curious about alot of the information that we don't get. I feel like I want to call them up and ask a bunch of questions.
    I think the girls must live with their mother since he picked the up at the airport for the wedding. But I couldn't find any more information about her.

9. steve says:

Yeah but her husband seemed emotionally abusive. We can all take that up to a point but not unlimited abuse… it starts becoming too much to bear.

10. Clembot says: