Restaurant Revisited: Michele’s

by in Shows, September 19th, 2012

Restaurant: Impossible
In Corry, Pa., Michele Sventek needed Robert Irvine’s help to give her restaurant, Michele’s, a new look and better food. Perhaps more importantly, she needed Robert to teach her the basics of running a restaurant since she had no experience in the culinary industry. In just two days, Robert gave Michele’s a much-needed overhaul and taught Michele how to best manage her staff and maintain food quality. We checked in with Michele to see how her restaurant is doing a few months after its Restaurant: Impossible renovation.

Michele says that compared to last year, sales have increased “about 40 percent.” Robert wanted Michele’s to achieve $12,500 per month in sales, and Michele is happy to report that she “can see it happening as we progress.”

The new decor at Michele’s has been well received by customers. “Everyone likes the brightness of it, especially the wall between the dining area and the bar, the fireplace (people are excited for winter to see it working) and the mirrors,” Michele explains.

The servers, too, are excited about the changes at Michele’s and “are loving the extra business,” Michele tells us. She says that she is “scheduling more staff” in order to match the demand at the restaurant.

Michele’s menu now features a mix of the most-popular plates from its original menu and the best-selling items from Robert’s menu, and diners are loving the made-over list of selections. Michele’s favorite dishes include the salmon, hamburger and French fries. Jessie is no longer a chef at the restaurant, but Michele says that she has hired a new full-time chef, one with 16 years of experience and who “is excited to introduce new” dishes to the menu.

Michele tells us that her husband, Andy, “is more positive and more focused on us.” Looking ahead, she says that she hopes to be out of debt by the end of the year.

More From Restaurant Revisited:

Paliani’s Restaurant (September 12)
Frankie’s (September 5)
Gusanoz (August 29)
Stella’s (August 8)
Italian Village (August 1)
Zandi’s (July 25)
The Main Dish (July 18)
Longbranch Steak and Seafood (July 11)
Horton’s Kids (June 13)
Pollard’s (May 30)
University Grill (May 23)
Ristorante Barolo (May 16)
Pappas (May 9)
Mama Lee’s (May 2)
Pelican Grill (April 25)
Valley View (March 14)

Restaurant Revisited: Culture Clash at Marie’s at Ummat Cafe

“This is tasteless,” Robert Irvine said of the tableful of dishes he sampled at Marie’s at Ummat Cafe in Atlanta. It turns out that ...

1. dnl says:

what do you think most people do when scared exactly?

2. Herbinator says:

Ellen, I apologize to you. I had you confused with the other person who dissed Tanya's designs. Please forgive me.

3. Herbinator says:

Ellen, you're so cute. I'm sorry if I confused you with the other bully who attacked Tanya's talent. Please forgive my slight oversight. You called me out earlier for just being a fan of Tanya, and my opinion of her talent and appearance, so I got a bit defensive. Now I know you and I are like peas in a pod. Can we just {{cyber hug}} and be over this silly misunderstanding? Pretty please?

4. Herbinator says:

Ellen, I knew Jessica. I was kind of sad when you named her. I forgive you for the mistake. You're so cute ;)

5. Herbinator says:

I've tried Guy Fieri's frozen TV dinners, and they're GROSS!

6. Herbinator says:

Frugal, I'm glad you had fun. Spelling your own name incorrectly is weird. Starting a sentence with the word "And" is incorrect grammer. Were you educated in Cory?

• Former Corryite says:

Herbinator, If you are going to insult someone by saying they were educated in "Cory" spell it correctly ~ It's "Corry" as in Corry, PA. Glass houses….

7. Herbinator says:

I suspected she might actually be slim, and just stealing food by stuffing it into a 'fat' custome.

8. Herbinator says:

Ellen, I got you confused with someone else. I've read your comments, and I think you're cute. Can we be friends?

9. mrose says:

Reminds me of my soon to be ex, who's about as narcissitic and emotionally abusive as they come. Get away from him Michelle before he destroys your faith in relationships.

10. tim blair says:

my wife and i drove 195 miles 1 way on a sunday only to find the restaurant closed. such a shame, thought this would be a big money day