Restaurant Revisited: Michele’s

by in Shows, September 19th, 2012

Restaurant: Impossible
In Corry, Pa., Michele Sventek needed Robert Irvine’s help to give her restaurant, Michele’s, a new look and better food. Perhaps more importantly, she needed Robert to teach her the basics of running a restaurant since she had no experience in the culinary industry. In just two days, Robert gave Michele’s a much-needed overhaul and taught Michele how to best manage her staff and maintain food quality. We checked in with Michele to see how her restaurant is doing a few months after its Restaurant: Impossible renovation.

Michele says that compared to last year, sales have increased “about 40 percent.” Robert wanted Michele’s to achieve $12,500 per month in sales, and Michele is happy to report that she “can see it happening as we progress.”

The new decor at Michele’s has been well received by customers. “Everyone likes the brightness of it, especially the wall between the dining area and the bar, the fireplace (people are excited for winter to see it working) and the mirrors,” Michele explains.

The servers, too, are excited about the changes at Michele’s and “are loving the extra business,” Michele tells us. She says that she is “scheduling more staff” in order to match the demand at the restaurant.

Michele’s menu now features a mix of the most-popular plates from its original menu and the best-selling items from Robert’s menu, and diners are loving the made-over list of selections. Michele’s favorite dishes include the salmon, hamburger and French fries. Jessie is no longer a chef at the restaurant, but Michele says that she has hired a new full-time chef, one with 16 years of experience and who “is excited to introduce new” dishes to the menu.

Michele tells us that her husband, Andy, “is more positive and more focused on us.” Looking ahead, she says that she hopes to be out of debt by the end of the year.

More From Restaurant Revisited:

Paliani’s Restaurant (September 12)
Frankie’s (September 5)
Gusanoz (August 29)
Stella’s (August 8)
Italian Village (August 1)
Zandi’s (July 25)
The Main Dish (July 18)
Longbranch Steak and Seafood (July 11)
Horton’s Kids (June 13)
Pollard’s (May 30)
University Grill (May 23)
Ristorante Barolo (May 16)
Pappas (May 9)
Mama Lee’s (May 2)
Pelican Grill (April 25)
Valley View (March 14)

Alton Brown, the Master of Eviliciousness, Dishes on Halloween

When it comes to dishing out culinary evils, no one does it quite like the host of Cutthroat Kitchen, Alton Brown. Now in its fifth season, Cutthroat...

1. Andy says:

Stay out of our Marriage.

• Kevin says:

I doubt that this is the real douchebag from the show, but just in case……A simple touch or a kiss for your wife wouldn't have hurt. It appeared that there was no emotion or love left in the relationship.

• Sanjay says:

I agree with Kevin. You need to learn to make sweet love to your woman Andy. No matter is she has a face like a catcher's mitt. You need to do what it takes to bring back the romance (even if that means imagining she's Giy Fieri while you are being intimate)

2. Herbinator says:

Ellen, if you open your eyes and read this blog; I am in the majority with my opinion of Tanya. I can see no other disorder other than Jealousy for your negative comments toward designer Tanya. RI ratings will skyrocket if the producers give more face time to her work and talent. If you notice, when owners walk in to a restaurant that Tanya designs, they always cry. Her design work stimulates therapeutic emotional brain chemistry. Very few designers can produce endorphins with their designs at first site just by raw talent; a Godsent talent that can be described as spiritual, angelic, and not of this world. Give Tanya 72 hours for a design, and even more of the RI restaurants would succeed. It’s not just about the menu.

To belittle Tanya makes you look like a very weak minded person and a bully with a narrow perspective. I would not trust you to tie my shoelaces correctly with your condescending attitude toward RI’s best designer talent.

3. Food Gypsy says:

I hope this is true. The man is a narcissistic bully who verbally abuses everyone around him. She'd be better off without him.

She's taking all the debt and all the responsibility and all he adds is abuse and stress.

4. Herbinator says:

I did. I'm from the west coast.

5. Herbinator says:

I'm going out on a limb here to predict that Andy will end up with one of the waitresses at Michele's.

I'm psychic.

6. Sanjay says:

I don't see what Guy Fieri's sexuality has to do with anything. If he can cook- great. i don't care which type of suasage he prefers.

7. Josh says:

Thank you , I got the same impression, I was getting tired of him acting as he was the only one making it happen , when he should of said " we " Its so sad , she seem like such a sweetie

8. Julie - Florida, says:

Ellen: I wouldn't take Herbinator seriously. He's a Troll. He's just trying to instigate a response,
    I did not take your comment as being jealous. Don't waste your time responding to him.

9. SlimJim says:

I would be scared to be on tv ..Everyone judgeing my every move and my crappy restraunt..I would be blank too…….

10. SlimJim says:

Portly?? does that mean gay??