Meet The Next Iron Chef Judges and Get a Sneak Peek of the First Episode

by in Shows, September 25th, 2012

next iron chef judges
A roster of acclaimed chefs will return for a second chance to become a member of the Iron Chef culinary society this fall, with the premiere of The Next Iron Chef: Redemption on Sunday, November 4 at 9 pm ET/PT. Earlier last month, FN Dish revealed the seven returning chefs and two newcomers:

• Nate Appleman, Amanda Freitag, Eric Greenspan and Jehangir Mehta from The Next Iron Chef Season Two
  • Elizabeth Falkner, Alex Guarnaschelli and Spike Mendelsohn from the cast of The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs
  • First-time Next Iron Chef competitors Tim Love and Marcel Vigneron

The tenth slot will go to the winner of a Web-exclusive competition taking place on FoodNetwork.com starting October 12. The four chefs taking part in the Web battle are: Duskie Estes and Robert Treviño, who have previously competed on The Next Iron Chef, and newcomers Lee Anne Wong and Madison Cowan.

The Next Iron Chef: Redemption kicks off on “Redemption Beach,” where the chefs’ resourcefulness is tested in a grueling Chairman’s Challenge with a devious twist: Each must cook with the ingredient that sent them packing last time. Given another chance with this ingredient and only bare essentials, hot coals and one hour on the clock, some rise to the occasion while others go down in flames. The two least-successful chefs go to the Secret Ingredient Showdown, a sudden-death cook-off that leads to the first elimination.

next iron chef judgesUpcoming episodes continue to push the limits, including a canned food to Kitchen Stadium-worthy cuisine challenge, a Las Vegas buffet battle with an appearance by legendary magician David Copperfield and a “last supper” showdown.

Returning judges Donatella Arpaia and Simon Majumdar are joined by last season’s winner and newest Iron Chef, Geoffrey Zakarian, on the judging panel, along with appearances from Iron Chefs Bobby Flay, Masaharu Morimoto and Michael Symon.

The newly crowned Iron Chef’s first battle in Kitchen Stadium will premiere on Sunday, December 30 at 9pm ET/PT.

From Leaves to Loaves — Testing the Cutthroat Kitchen Sabotages

Ingredients, utensils and heat — that’s all that is needed to create most of the dishes on Cutthroat Kitchen, but as fans know, those three el...

1. Why is Food Network promoting the next "Next Iron Chef" competition, when it has yet to put the winning competitor for "Food Network Star" on the air? Justin Warner won in mid-summer. Not a peep from Food Network about his new show, initially advertised as coming "in the fall". It's fall.

I get it that the competition shows are successful and get great ratings. But what happens next?

2. Why is Food Network promoting the next "Next Iron Chef" competition, when it has yet to put the winning competitor for "Food Network Star" on the air? Justin Warner won in mid-summer. Not a peep from Food Network about his new show, initially advertised as coming "in the fall". It's fall.

• Bakke says:

Wondered how Justin was doing too. The fall season can go into November maybe he'll be on in time for Thanksgiving!

• Cinnamon says:

I know!! I keep checking Food Network to see when Justin's show will air, but it isn't airing, which makes me wonder why they did Food Network Star this year at all…

• Wondering Too says:

I noticed Justin spoke at the NY Food Fest so he's definately still around FN. A Thanksgiving special would be neat. Maybe an episode where he revises Alton's fried turkey. I know fried turkey gets a bad rap but my family has done fried turkey (safely) and its very delicious! Or how about a rebout of green bean casserole? Or corn pudding, a family fav.

• TheRealAlton says:

Lip stick boy lost his store. cant promote failure.

3. tolutoppins says:

This going to be really hot, can’t wait To watch the competition. They. Are all really great and passionate Chiefs.

4. @angelicfae says:

I'm not happy about Zakarian as a judge because Alex has been serving as his sous chef on Iron Chef America since he won last season. Can he really be that unbiased?

5. Iron Chef John says:

Will there be an Iron Chef leaving to make room?? I love many of these competitors. I will be hard-pressed to choose whom I will root for.

• Florian says:

I don't want any of the Iron Chefs to leave, except Bobby Flay, maybe. Actually, scratch that. I like watching Bobby on IC because I like to insult how he cooks. Bobby thinks he is so great. He is, but he shows it off too much. Cat Cora and Batali should come back. They were my favorites.

6. jkqb1 says:

I am looking forward to this season, the judges are the best!

7. Jeff says:

I like iron chef Jose garces. I just entered to win https://www.verizoninsider.com/Contests/VI_30Cont

8. Mary says:

I agree.. There are a lot of other chefs out there. As much as I like these chefs, I do want to see new faces competing for the same old title. Not the same old chef competing for the same old title which they lost. Yes i would love to have 2-3 winners from the Next Iron Chef Superstars. However, what makes it interesting is there is only 1 winner.. I want my cooking show back. They are doing too many reality show to be called food network anymore.