A roster of acclaimed chefs will return for a second chance to become a member of the Iron Chef culinary society this fall, with the premiere of The Next Iron Chef: Redemption on Sunday, November 4 at 9 pm ET/PT. Earlier last month, FN Dish revealed the seven returning chefs and two newcomers:
- Nate Appleman, Amanda Freitag, Eric Greenspan and Jehangir Mehta from The Next Iron Chef Season Two
- Elizabeth Falkner, Alex Guarnaschelli and Spike Mendelsohn from the cast of The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs
- First-time Next Iron Chef competitors Tim Love and Marcel Vigneron
The tenth slot will go to the winner of a Web-exclusive competition taking place on FoodNetwork.com starting October 12. The four chefs taking part in the Web battle are: Duskie Estes and Robert Treviño, who have previously competed on The Next Iron Chef, and newcomers Lee Anne Wong and Madison Cowan.
The Next Iron Chef: Redemption kicks off on “Redemption Beach,” where the chefs’ resourcefulness is tested in a grueling Chairman’s Challenge with a devious twist: Each must cook with the ingredient that sent them packing last time. Given another chance with this ingredient and only bare essentials, hot coals and one hour on the clock, some rise to the occasion while others go down in flames. The two least-successful chefs go to the Secret Ingredient Showdown, a sudden-death cook-off that leads to the first elimination.
Upcoming episodes continue to push the limits, including a canned food to Kitchen Stadium-worthy cuisine challenge, a Las Vegas buffet battle with an appearance by legendary magician David Copperfield and a “last supper” showdown.
Returning judges Donatella Arpaia and Simon Majumdar are joined by last season’s winner and newest Iron Chef, Geoffrey Zakarian, on the judging panel, along with appearances from Iron Chefs Bobby Flay, Masaharu Morimoto and Michael Symon.
The newly crowned Iron Chef’s first battle in Kitchen Stadium will premiere on Sunday, December 30 at 9pm ET/PT.
- There’s a New Chef in Boot Camp: Tyler Florence Joins Anne Burrell on Worst Cooks in America, Season 6
- What to Watch: This Weekend, Tune In to Thanksgiving at Bobby’s and Learn Recipes from Food Network Chefs
- Families That Shop Together Stay Together: The Competition Goes Family Style on Guy’s Grocery Games
- POLL: Your Favorite Holiday Pie — Holiday Baking Championship