- Comments (6)
Not just for backyard barbecues anymore, coleslaw is a crowd-pleasing side that pairs perfectly with any hearty main dish. This weekend, as you’re prepping spicy chicken wings or saucy sloppy joes to serve at your game-day tailgate, look to no-cook coleslaw to complete your menu. For a mix of classic and creative preparations, check out our top five coleslaw recipes from your favorite Food Network chefs.
5. Apple-Raisin Cole Slaw – Thanks to a flavor-packed mixture of shredded cabbage, in-season apples and a pinch of celery seeds, Sunny says that her big-batch coleslaw is “crunchy, creamy, bright and tangy.”
4. Savoy, Lime and Cilantro Coleslaw – Refreshing lime juice and fragrant cilantro add light, fresh flavor to Tyler’s five-star recipe, made in just 15 quick minutes.
3. Sweet and Spicy Coleslaw – Tossed with a creamy dressing laced with sugar and cayenne, the Neelys’ easy-to-make coleslaw is filled with grated green cabbage, crunchy carrots and sweet onions.
2. Broccoli Cole Slaw – “Cabbage is not going to be the star of this dish,” Paula says of her go-to side, featuring broccoli slaw, crunchy ramen noodles and sunflower seeds.
1. Creamy Cole Slaw – To make this 10-minute coleslaw pictured above, Bobby combines shredded cabbage with grated carrots and onions, and dresses the mixture with a smooth topping of mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard.
Watch Bobby make his Creamy Cole Slaw recipe in this video: