Best 5 Butternut Squash Recipes by FN Dish Editor in Recipes, September 27th, 2012
- Comment (1)
Butternut squash is a fall favorite. Try one of these top five recipes that are filled with classic autumn flavors from Food Network chefs.
5. Beef and Butternut Squash Stew – This stick-to-your-ribs stew is perfect for a chilly fall day. Lots of chunky vegetables, along with the beef, make it hearty enough for a one-pot meal. Serve with crusty bread alongside.
4. Roasted Butternut Squash Salad With Warm Cider Vinaigrette – For a salad full of fall flavors, serve roasted butternut squash on top of baby arugula with a few shavings of nutty Parmesan cheese.
3. Butternut Squash Lasagna – Try this meat-free lasagna Giada-style with crumbled amaretti cookies, tender butternut squash and lots of melted cheese.
2. Butternut Squash Soup – Claire’s squash soup has an exotic flavor, thanks to the addition of curry powder.
1. Caramelized Butternut Squash – Roasting the squash with brown sugar and butter in the oven creates a toasted, caramelized flavor.
Watch Ina make her Caramelized Butternut Squash recipe in this video: