Robert and Gail’s fairy-tale wedding was brought to life on a sunny day in May at the Charles Krug winery in St. Helena, Calif. Not only did their wedding include best man Guy Fieri, but Robert set the scene and menu for his bride with help from friends Michael Chiarello, Beau MacMillan, Elizabeth Falkner and Masaharu Morimoto.
For their honeymoon, the couple satisfied their craving for adventure and great food with an excursion to Greece. We recently spoke with the newlyweds about their trip — the sights they took in and, more importantly, their favorite eats.
In Athens, Greece, Robert and Gail took in the best sights this capital city had to offer. They booked a guided tour of the ruins of the Parthenon, a temple to the Greek goddess Athena, which sits atop the Acropolis. On a worldwide tour in preparation for the London summer games, the Olympic cauldron made a quick stop at the Parthenon on the same day Robert and Gail visited the site. “We had perfect timing to see the Olympic flame (pictured above) and meet the runner who was passing the torch,” the couple said.
Robert and Gail’s 5 Best Honeymoon Eats in Greece
1. Octopus: We ate octopus every day!
2. Olive Oil: The olive oil was to die for. You can practically drink it, it tastes that good.
3. Fruits and Vegetables: The fruits and vegetables were so fresh. You could taste the difference in what we are used to in America.
4. Pork: We are usually not big pork eaters, but their pork made us crave it even when we got back home.
5. Feta Cheese and Bread: Robert loved the feta and I fell in love with their bread.
Try making one of Robert’s Greek-inspired recipes in honor of their big day:
- From Kitchen Stadium to the Gauntlet: Alton Brown Returns to the World of Iron Chef, and We’ve Got the Scoop
- 11 Fresh Takes on Spring Recipes from Bobby
- Ina Garten, Andrew Zimmern Among 2017 James Beard Foundation Nominees
- The Quest for the Most-Coveted Culinary Title Returns with All-New Series Iron Chef Gauntlet