Though the unofficial end of summer is just around the corner, there’s still time for one last outdoor party. Make the most of your Labor Day weekend by hosting a backyard cookout for friends or simply barbecuing with family before the kids head back to school and the rush of weeknight activities begins. We’ve rounded up Food Network’s top five Labor Day recipes to help you celebrate the best flavors and ingredients of the season and pull off an easy, enjoyable holiday get-together.
5. Black Bean and Corn Salad – For a quick no-cook side dish, Rachael combines red peppers, vibrant corn and hearty black beans with a light cumin-lime juice dressing.
4. Creamy Dijon-Dill Potato Salad – Make a party-ready potato salad by tossing tender Yukon Golds with crunchy celery and a creamy mayonnaise-mustard mixture that’s finished with fresh dill and bright lemon juice.
3. Southern Fried Chicken – Paula’s classic down-home chicken is dunked in a hot sauce-laced egg bath, coated in flour and fried until golden brown and crispy.
2. Fresh Peach Cake – Put ripe, in-season peaches to work in Ina’s highest-rated dessert, made with tangy sour cream, fragrant cinnamon and crunchy pecans.
1. Grilled Turkey Sliders With Tomato Jam – Moist and tender, the Neelys’ 20-minute turkey patties are finished with a concentrated ginger-tomato topping to create a highest-rated holiday burger.
Visit Food Network for more of our best recipes.