- Comments (19)
With a silky-smooth center and buttery, crumbly crust, cheesecake is a go-to dessert that’s a perennial favorite and lends itself to so many flavors, mix-ins and toppings. Filled with classic and new flavors, our top five cheesecake recipes below are simple to prepare and range from cakes to cookies.
5. Honey Ricotta Cheesecake – Instead of a traditional crust, Giada uses a classic Italian cookie, the biscotti, as the base. A mixture of clover honey and orange zest sweetens the cake, adding sweet and flowery notes to the ricotta-cream cheese mixture.
4. Sour Cream Cheesecake – Made with tangy sour cream, this simple recipe (pictured above) is a top cheesecake pick. To cut a clean slice, Alton suggests placing your knife into a hot water bath and wiping it dry each time you make a pass through the cake.
3. Raspberry Cheesecake – Ina creates the classic cheesecake with a raspberry topping that will take just minutes to prepare. Tip from Ina: Measure your springform pan. The bottom of mine measures 9 inches, but it says 9 1/2.
2. Savannah Cheesecake Cookies – These hand-held treats are perfect for parties — just make sure to keep them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve them.
1. The Ultimate Cheesecake – After his quest to find the ultimate cheesecake in New York City and Naples, Tyler took to his kitchen to create his own version with a layer of a warm lemon-blueberry topping over the surface.
Watch Giada make her Honey Ricotta Cheesecake recipe in this video:
Visit Food Network for more of our best recipes.