3 Days to Open: Cove Lounge

by in Shows, August 3rd, 2012

cove lounge
Bobby Flay brought in the big guns not once but twice this episode as he took on his next project: Cove Lounge in Harlem, New York. With just three days to open, Alyah and Gloria found themselves knee-deep in bills, as well as dealing with a series of staffing and kitchen issues in their quest to open an upscale lounge. Bobby relied on the legends of Harlem’s food industry and Nina and Tim Zagat to help guide Alyah with constructive criticism. The ladies picked the perfect neighborhood for their venture, but that was only a small part of it.

Before Bobby could consider the task complete, he needed to help the Cove team fix these four crucial issues: staffing, menu, food quality and cocktails.

The signature cocktail, “The Cove,” has been created, and the French fries seem to be perfect. Alyah waited three years for this dream to come true, but did it all work out? One lesson we’re sure she learned was to proofread everything. We checked in with her and Gloria to see how things are going after their visit from Bobby. Click play on the video below for a 3 Days to Open update.

Last-Minute Thanksgiving Tips from Bobby and Friends

Hear from Bobby and friends as they share good-to-know turkey day tips ahead of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday....

1. This episode of The Cove Lounge has so much wrong with it, starting with a totally unlikeable owner! I mean, 3 years and $700,00 in debt before you even open? All she does is criticize everyone, her poor sister is her lackey, she asks servers the day before how many can stay ALL DAY THE NEXT DAY(?) and then is angry when they can't? Why Bobby would have Zagat come is beyond me except maybe Zaget wants the PR. Why not help people we can root for? People who know something, ANYTHING, about owning a restaurant! All this woman knew was what she wanted it to look like and what 58 things she wanted on the menu! When she went in to look for that chicken in the freezer they should've closed the door and carried on!

2. Katharine Anthony says:

I loved this show and I am glad Cove is doing great. Anyone who puts in that much dedication, time, and money should be able to see great results. So, I glad Bobby took out time to assist, very heart felt program of ordinary people who's trying to better themselves in this tough society. Great job Alyah and Congrats!! ;)

• LSS says:

Ditto baby. Don't get these haters, at least these girls had enough balls, so to speak, to go after there dreams. Hope all goes well for them and they should be very thankfull. Somtimes you just gotta trust and jump in with both feet. LSS

3. carole says:

so where did the original chef jamel go? he just looks so familiar :-)

• Jamell says:

Hey carole chef Jamell is in the midst of becoming the executive chef at the Hudson bond,NYC.
      You can always stay updated with him at Facebook/Jamell chef Williams.thx.

4. Shana says:

This was the first and last time I will watch this show. This woman had no business opening a restaurant with her lack of experience and common sense. What a waste of time.

5. ivy says:

Wow, good for her! Bobby came in at the right time! Im glad for her

6. Ms Cater says:

I was crying with joy to see these women make their dream come ture.it just goes to show you that you can do anything you put your mine to. Thank to Bobby he is the man I just love him and his recipes. Best wishes ladies when I come to Harlem I will be eating at your spot. I am a cater and i will some day own my own sopt also.

7. HappyLife says:

Wow, I came here to see the update on the show and read these comments. All of this negativity really confirms that there are some really miserable people in the world. I'm glad I have a happy life and I wish these ladies much success. Have a great day! :)

• MarleneB says:

I agree with you, HappyLife. I am really happy for these ladies and glad they were able to get the help they needed to be a successful restaurant. I think a lot of the people being negative about this just have no idea of what goes into opening a restaurant. Oftentimes, a good chunk of that time is in acquiring the building and updating it. The building doesn't build itself. It doesn't just happen in a day. However long it took, obviously, it was necessary. In any event, they did it! They deserve to be congratulated.

• Jodi says:

I agree with HappyLifel. It is so GUTSY to follow one's dreams and open a restaurant, and I wish these young restauranteurs nothing but success in their endeavors!!!

• Mikey says:

Couldn't agree with you more! Way too many comments for all of the updates are seething with envy and commiseration among the jerk wads! Really sad!

8. Tash says:

This lady should have educated herself better. The amount of debt she took, was very irresponsible. She has a family. With that said. I’m very happy Bobby came in and helped her better her cirumstances. I wish her all the success in the world. Thanks Bobby for helping others. Yes, it’s fine to get paid for helping others see their dreams come to life.

9. SunnyAZ says:

I think that they were brave to even take on this type of projet. Good job ladies, you diid it! Bobby is a great guy for going out to help, because this was not an easy task. Good luck ladies and I wish you all the success.

10. martian_being says:

People are just plain ignorant about running restaurants in general. Having one is like having a kid. 24 hours a day you work your tail off. good show bobby, good luck to the cove and the owners. food network please get the "I am going to cook this southern garbage for uall" off the network. she is so yukky and her food is ikky.