The Return of The Great Food Truck Race: New Season, Higher Stakes

by in Shows, July 12th, 2012

the great food truck race season three
Just when you thought The Great Food Truck Race couldn’t get any more intense — with host Tyler Florence’s notorious cross-country challenges and its on-the-go dynamics — the series unveils a brand-new element to celebrate its third season.

In the past the show featured teams that were well-established in the food truck community, each with a dedicated customer following and prominent food truck operators experienced in mobile food service. This season’s teams, however, are food truck rookies. Having never worked on or cooked for a food truck, the eight teams are in for a world of surprise as they come to realize just how difficult a business it can be. But what these teams lack in real-world experience they surely make up for in enthusiasm, passion and drive to make it to the finish line.

Their want to win goes deeper than a craving for cash. This season’s caravan of trucks is not competing for money alone; they’re battling to win their very own food truck and a huge cash prize of $50,000. With the truck and the earnings, the winning team will have everything it needs to start its own food truck business.  And for the teams with competitors who are looking to break out of boring day jobs and pursue careers in the food industry, a win would be a dream come true.

To get ready for the all-new season, check out this behind-the-scenes video and flip through our photo galleries to learn more about the teams. Then, mark your calendars for Sunday, August 19 at 10pm/9c to catch the season premiere of The Great Food Truck Race.

The Kitchen Co-Hosts Look Back on Season 1 and Preview What’s Ahead

Just a few months ago, five of your favorite Food Network chefs came together on The Kitchen to celebrate what is arguably the most-important room in...

1. Opened a food truck 4 months ago.Will be featured friday night at 10 on the food network with bobby flay.would love to be considered in the future for the great food truck race.Thanks!

2. NVDJ says:

Yippie cant wait ! I was hoping this was coming back this season..

3. PAUL LUKIS says:

did i mention that i want a food truck?

4. Can't wait for the start of this new Season. I'm sure it will be amazing. Don't forget to check this new site we are launching soon.

Follow us on Twitter to know more.

5. Ray says:

is there a way to find out what towns the season 3 trucks will be visiting?

6. Shannon says:

Good show I am glad it is back! However, I am feeling the same way as many of the other folks commenting on here, wish I would have known about this when there was time to apply to be a part of this show. I am sure I speak for many of us "foodies" and have dreams of having our own truck! I will be watching,albeit with some envy.

7. Jeff"Bird" Bennett says:

If you do this again how can I get a chance to win a truck like that My wife and I have been dreaming of this for years. We live in a town of about 80,000 and have only two classifiable trucks.PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

8. Ana says:

OMG…I wish I knew about this as well. I would love to have my own food truck. Is the show going to have another season like this?

9. TroyBoy says:

The previous shows were awesome. All the tests and twists the producers threw at the contestants were nothing short of an amazing food truck race. May the best team win !

10. Eloise says:

I had a Food truck some 6 years ago in Los Angeles when most of the competition were Taco wagons.
    I did a great business but only rented my own truck. No enough capital to build my own and open a new business. Needless to say the owner of the truck got greedy.

It is a dream to do it once again. I had studios, entertainment business and private companies as clients. It was a sad day when i had to turn in my keys. I was also present at the LA Marathon.

I am now on the east coast but still see the potential business need. My truck was Italian on wheesl. I now have the support of my family here that have been int he food business for over 30 years. It would be our dream to take this challenge on… Ciao Bella. Eloise